Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Beane is constantly questioned. Thing is, more likely Beane does something like this and then moves his closer in a big deal for a big haul. And even then he'll be questioned.

Moving your closer doesn't mean you have to sign someone like Madson for 3/22. Separate moves.

Are you saying you're happy with the O'Day deal if we trade Britton?

Moving your closer doesn't mean you have to sign someone like Madson for 3/22. Separate moves.

Yes. I will be happy with the O'Day signing if we trade Britton for a Haul. Yes indeed.

I think Britton will make more annually than O'Day if he continues to close for the remainder of his years in Baltimore. I think Givens or another pre-arb arm will get expensive quickly in arbitration if he closes. So I, yeah, I can see merit in the idea of locking in a closer at ~$7.5 MM a year if it means trading Britton to fill other holes on the cheap (and for multiple seasons) and keeping the future price tag down for another pre-arb arm. Sure. Lots of ways to build a team successfully.

I think Beane is constantly questioned. Thing is, more likely Beane does something like this and then moves his closer in a big deal for a big haul. And even then he'll be questioned.

If Madson is good for even a bit, Billy will look to trade. Yessir.

I think Britton will make more annually than O'Day if he continues to close for the remainder of his years in Baltimore. I think Givens or another pre-arb arm will get expensive quickly in arbitration if he closes. So I, yeah, I can see merit in the idea of locking in a closer at ~$7.5 MM a year if it means trading Britton to fill other holes on the cheap (and for multiple seasons) and keeping the future price tag down for another pre-arb arm. Sure. Lots of ways to build a team successfully.

I agree. This is a good deal if we are trading Britton. Problem seems to be the closer trade market is strong. May have to wait until the deadline. Of course, if we're in the chase, we won't trade him then either. Next offseason, we could end up with a JJ type return because of Britton's expected price.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Braves like former brave Tyler flowers. Others involved, too. <a href="https://twitter.com/mlbbowman">@mlbbowman</a> mentioned 1st</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

">December 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Britton for a haul at the winter meetings is going to be exciting talk around here for a few days. Teams like the Cubs and Astros have a lot of chips that will be interesting. This would be the very definition of selling high. Britton is also younger, better, cheaper, more LH, than the other closers available.

Archived