Astros Trade: Thoughts?

sportsfan8703

Just bumping this. I know Buck has said we're not moving Britton but the Astros dealing for a closer is playing out right now. MLBTR is saying Velasquez and two prospects. Sure would be nice to get Velasquez, and two of Reed, Musgrove, Guduan, Appel. I really think we're not taking advantage of a major chance to get a haul for Britton. Especially with O'day locked up for 4 years, and the Chapman situation.

If Davis says no are we likely to consider trading Britton? Are the two related?

If Davis says no are we likely to consider trading Britton? Are the two related?

Doesn't appear to be the case. Just pure speculation by myself and some posters. Probably to baseball people if they had to come out and say Britton wasn't getting traded.

Instead we will likely(terps!) sign players that cost draft picks. So instead of reallocating resources from the pen to the rotation and OF. We'll just keep mortgaging the future to get around .500 and see if Buck can't squeeze enough out of the team to make the WC.

Doesn't appear to be the case. Just pure speculation by myself and some posters. Probably to baseball people if they had to come out and say Britton wasn't getting traded.

Instead we will likely(terps!) sign players that cost draft picks. So instead of reallocating resources from the pen to the rotation and OF. We'll just keep mortgaging the future to get around .500 and see if Buck can't squeeze enough out of the team to make the WC.

Yeah that last paragraph about summarizes up the situation nicely.

The only time this team goes through major upheavals is when they lose players to FA.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived