Trumbo an Oriole (For Clevenger Done Deal)

MASNPalmer

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope Trumbo is not the big move of the Oriole offseason. Otherwise, I would be very disappointed.

I am sure we will make moves, but I would not be surprised if Trumbo is our 1B. My prediction is we will add a #3 SP and a second or third tier LH bat. I would be surprised if we add anybody on the level of Davis, Heyward, Kazmir, etc. I am not getting my hopes up for any bigger moves than Trumbo.

I am sure we will make moves, but I would not be surprised if Trumbo is our 1B. My prediction is we will add a #3 SP and a second or third tier LH bat. I would be surprised if we add anybody on the level of Davis, Heyward, Kazmir, etc. I am not getting my hopes up for any bigger moves than Trumbo.
Who is signing Davis?

I can't get too upset at a one year deal. But at the same time, Pearce offers more defensive versatility and higher OBP than Trumbo, and possibly the same power, for much less money. Assuming they get rid of Pearce, this deal makes no sense.

It was said that Trumbo is an add. Reimold was the Pearce replacement.

Can't wait to see Nolan playing 2B!

Exactly. Pearce has the potential power of Trumbo, with the potential to match Reimold's OBP, and has more defensive versatility than Trumbo and Reimold combined. He's not a sure thing but neither are Nolan or Trumbo. I'd rather have the guy you can plug in at second if Flash and Schoop go down (or Schoop and Hardy go down and Flash has to play short or third).

Who is signing Davis?

You keep asking this as if there aren't any teams who have a need at 1B (or at COF) or have the money to spend. And almost any of the teams ( St Louis, Seattle, Houston) likely to be involved have more money available than the Orioles.

Exactly. Pearce has the potential power of Trumbo, with the potential to match Reimold's OBP, and has more defensive versatility than Trumbo and Reimold combined. He's not a sure thing but neither are Nolan or Trumbo. I'd rather have the guy you can plug in at second if Flash and Schoop go down (or Schoop and Hardy go down and Flash has to play short or third).

But Brady loves Remold.....he is so dreamy.

It was long overdue to cut bait with Lough and Remold IMO. Much rather have Pearce for the reasons you stated.

Regardless, we have much bigger things to worry about I guess. Like, overcoming the switch-hitting Jesus accepting our wildly high QO (I know, I know...many think he is so great...blah blah, strongly disagree he is worth anything close to what he got).

I just don't see how we add a meaningful offensive piece to replace Davis AND get a meaningful upgrade at SP to compete in the AL East next year without significant payroll increases and we all know how that goes...

Maybe the Orioles think if we have a great bullpen that they can start and hit too?:)

Yeah, I don't really think he was saying Pearce is a 30 HR guy. You don't really believe he is. Do you?

So you'd rather have Pearce than Trumbo based on Pearce being able to be the 4th string 2B? Plus Trumbo is going to get 1/9. Pearce hasn't signed yet. It could take 2/14-16 to sign him. So more money and years for a guy that's had like 4 hot months in his career and has chronic wrist issues. I like Pearce, but Trumbo is the better player and has a higher ceiling.

So you'd rather have Pearce than Trumbo based on Pearce being able to be the 4th string 2B? Plus Trumbo is going to get 1/9. Pearce hasn't signed yet. It could take 2/14-16 to sign him. So more money and years for a guy that's had like 4 hot months in his career and has chronic wrist issues. I like Pearce, but Trumbo is the better player and has a higher ceiling.

Trumbo has had a 5 win season in his career? While I don't think Pearce is very likely to be much better than Trumbo this year, he's already demonstrated a ceiling Trumbo can't reach. Pearce at his his best does everything pretty well. Trumbo has one tool.

I like Pearce, but to say he has the power to match Trumbo is pretty foolish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over the last 2 seasons, Pearce has a homer every 19.666 plate appearances. Trumbo is a homer every 25.19.

Pearce also leads in ISO .236 to .184.

He certainly doesn't have Trumbo's raw power, but there is evidence he may be a more effective power hitter right now.

Archived