Os Sign O'Day for 4 Years - It's official

Nevermore

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently other teams seem think our FA are worth the money.Just because the O's try to

low bid every FA that leaves the club. DD will say we were competitive but just not enough.

Just the beginning to the winter meetings. Chances are he will come home with irons in the fire and working

on deals. Same old stuff. .

You think O'Day is worth more than that?

Apparently other teams seem think our FA are worth the money.Just because the O's try to

low bid every FA that leaves the club. DD will say we were competitive but just not enough.

Just the beginning to the winter meetings. Chances are he will come home with irons in the fire and working

on deals. Same old stuff. .

You seem to think that if a big market team can afford to pay a player a certain amount, then that is what the O's should be willing to pay, and if they don't offer that much it is a low-ball offer. That seems like a highly biased and very limiting perspective to me. It certainly flies in the face of reality.

I thnk I have read that the Orioles have told O'Day and Davis to make a decision because the club needs to move on one way or the other. I whole heartedly agree with this, the Orioles need to know by the opening of the Winter meetings, or they must move on to the other options. I prefer that the Orioles just move on period. I do not think signing either of them for the kind of deals that are being reported is good business. Trumbo can take Davis spot at first base. Gyvens moves into the set up role that O'Day departs.

It is past time to build a competitive team going forward. We need at least one OFer that can play both ways. Offense and defense. There are several available in Free Agency, and more that could be traded for. We also need another solid, if unspectacular, Starter. Its time to move on and team build.

It's just not informative, but it does reveal how you feel about the front office.

Yea I think as a devoted fan I'm allowed to develop my own idea of the front office. There's just not a lot of promise in my view, not to suggest that everyone else should feel the same. To each his own

I always get a kick on many make statements such as "X really wants to play here" or 3/21 should be good enough. I have never heard a player say "I hate it here, can't wait to leave" and most salary predictions are off by 20-40%. Reimold was predicted at .9 and got 1.3....off by 44%.

Successful business men play with real money, critics here play with Monopoly money. I expect the budget to be near 135 million when all is said and done. I don't know if this is cheap, but I firmly believe the players are very lucky making millions playing a game.

Actually it could be. We aren't going to sign any SP who will do much to upgrade. If we are to compete we need a shut down pen. Signing O'Day may be a cheaper way of improving pitching over all than signing a mid rotation SP.

Go the path of the Royals and turn it over to the pen after the 5th.

I thnk I have read that the Orioles have told O'Day and Davis to make a decision because the club needs to move on one way or the other. I whole heartedly agree with this, the Orioles need to know by the opening of the Winter meetings, or they must move on to the other options. I prefer that the Orioles just move on period. I do not think signing either of them for the kind of deals that are being reported is good business. Trumbo can take Davis spot at first base. Gyvens moves into the set up role that O'Day departs.

It is past time to build a competitive team going forward. We need at least one OFer that can play both ways. Offense and defense. There are several available in Free Agency, and more that could be traded for. We also need another solid, if unspectacular, Starter. Its time to move on and team build.

Duquette said yesterday evening on 105.7 that they have not yet reached the point when they can no longer wait for Davis and O'Day, but he also said that point is coming in the not too distant future.

Yea I think as a devoted fan I'm allowed to develop my own idea of the front office. There's just not a lot of promise in my view, not to suggest that everyone else should feel the same. To each his own

Exactly. I sometimes feel the need to point out that projections about what the front office will or won't do are all based on speculation.

Duquette said yesterday evening on 105.7 that they have not yet reached the point when they can no longer wait for Davis and O'Day, but he also said that point is coming in the not too distant future.

OK then. To me that is very good news. The ballclub cannot be held hostage by any player. The Orioles in my opinion, should have there own timeline. That timeline should be clearly communicated to the players, and after that the team has the responsibility to the City, the fans, etc. to move on and look to improve the team in any way they see fit.

Archived