% Chances Chris Davis Signs with O's

Winning_Season

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/cardinals-sign-alex-gordon-unlikely.html

Looks like the Cards are out on Davis' date=' that leave the question....Who is in?[/quote']

I would note the words,"Obviously, we're always open to adjusting." And then there's this:

Holliday and Davis are both represented by Scott Boras; so if Holliday refuses a trade and blocks a Gordon signing, that could theoretically make St. Louis a suitor for Davis if the club is intent on adding another big bat.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/nl-central-notes-davis-holliday-walker-lee.html

Still, it's hard to see where Boras thinks the market is.

The FDA disagrees with your Adderall statement:

Adderall is classified as a Schedule II drug because of the potential for abuse and dependence.

I stand corrected. I was going off my own two kids' experience, but having looked into this after seeing your post, I was wrong. Adderall can be addictive. Whether Davis was addicicted to it is another story. There is a difference between needing a drug to correct a medical condition, and being addicted to that drug.

I would note the words,"Obviously, we're always open to adjusting." And then there's this:

Holliday and Davis are both represented by Scott Boras; so if Holliday refuses a trade and blocks a Gordon signing, that could theoretically make St. Louis a suitor for Davis if the club is intent on adding another big bat.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/nl-central-notes-davis-holliday-walker-lee.html

Still, it's hard to see where Boras thinks the market is.

Just my opinion but the adjustment part would be if prices come down.

I stand corrected. I was going off my own two kids' experience, but having looked into this after seeing your post, I was wrong. Adderall can be addictive. Whether Davis was addicicted to it is another story. There is a difference between needing a drug to correct a medical condition, and being addicted to that drug.

I know they say its addictive and I am sure to some it is. My own two, they couldn't wait for the school year to be over, so they could spend the summer without popping the pills.

Buck said in an interview recently that CD was an OF if need be, "Anybody who thinks he's a full time OF hasn't done their homework"

I really have trouble buying that statement.

When there are other quotes:

“Chris might be as good a right fielder as we have here,’’
Showalter said. "I think Chris is going to be a good defender wherever we put him."

Do you think that maybe those quotes spoke more to the quality of right fielders on the Orioles' roster last year than to Chris Davis' skills as a right fielder?

Davis is a very good athlete and not just a power hitter.

he plays above average defense at first

Could the kind words, be just because of the current roster, no, I don't buy that.

Buck said in some aspects, it was easier to play the OF, then 1st.

Buck was saying nice things in ST about what Davis brings to the club, and for him to just switch gears and say Davis doesn't have the ability to play the OF, is something I think has been taken out of context.

Davis is a very good athlete and not just a power hitter.

he plays above average defense at first

Could the kind words, be just because of the current roster, no, I don't buy that.

Buck said in some aspects, it was easier to play the OF, then 1st.

Buck was saying nice things in ST about what Davis brings to the club, and for him to just switch gears and say Davis doesn't have the ability to play the OF, is something I think has been taken out of context.

Actually, Rick, I think that context is exactly what I am looking at. Chris Davis is an excellent athlete, no doubt, but at the time that Buck said Chris might be the best right fielder that the Orioles had, the team was unquestionably weak in corner outfielders. Likewise, his more recent comment that anyone thinking Cris is as adept in the outfield as first base hasn't been paying attention is based on the context of today's situation.

I wish one of the teams in the draft ahead of us would sign him already.
Would it be a bad thing if he doesn't sign with somebody, and they come back to the Orioles for a more realistic offer?

More realistic would be great. By then, though, realism may be as welcome as ice cubes down the back of your shirt.

7 is an eternity.

4, at those prices, seems better.

3 would drop him into FA during Armageddon.

But to come back to the Os for anything other than a long term deal seems like a long shot to me now. Not enough face saved.

Archived