Manny Misses Fan Fest (Buck Not Happy).

Going Underground

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got my Manny autograph in his rookie season (and I'm not even going to FanFest this year), so I don't really have a dog in this fight.

Perhaps if Manny's unable to make FanFest, they can give out vouchers to ticketholders for his session(s) to get one of those autographed cards in the mail? The kids don't get to meet him, but at least they'll get an autograph out of the deal. Thoughts?

I think the kids want to see him, his smile and his personality. I definitely don't need Manny's autograph. Or to talk with him.

The young fans like having heroes that are fun.

It's part of what makes a baseball player worth the contracts that they get.

Baltimore Sun quotes Showalter as saying "not happy about it" in response to Manny missing Fan Fest due to "close friends expecting a child".

Although Manny usually says the right things, I still don't know that he really gets it sometimes.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-prospect-dylan-bundy-ready-to-put-injuries-behind-him-20151212-story.html

Baltimore Sun quotes Showalter as saying "not happy about it" in response to Manny missing Fan Fest due to "close friends expecting a child".

Although Manny usually says the right things, I still don't know that he really gets it sometimes.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-prospect-dylan-bundy-ready-to-put-injuries-behind-him-20151212-story.html

I was there. I heard him. He was not happy.

Unless there were some kind of extenuating circumstances regarding the birth, I'd call that a pretty weak excuse.
Showalter said during a fan forum that right fielder Alvarez’s arm is so good that the club would consider transitioning him to the mound if things don’t work out as a position player. But the plan for now is that he will continue to be a position player. … Duquette said the Orioles retain pitcher Pat Connaughton’s rights and would want him back if the club’s 2014 fourth-rounder leaves pro basketball. Connaughton is currently a little-used reserve with the Portland Trailblazers.

Dan and Buck both taunted Pat to come back. They both said he was a much better baseball player.

Dan and Buck both taunted Pat to come back. They both said he was a much better baseball player.

I get wanting a top prospect to come back but implying he isn't a good basketball player is absurd and disrespectful. Do you know how hard it is to make an NBA roster? I have heard this a few times on here now and each time I do, I shake my head. Ignorant comment IMO. Let the guy live his life and if he chooses to come back, fine. This is not the way to motivate someone IMO.

I get wanting a top prospect to come back but implying he isn't a good basketball player is absurd and disrespectful. Do you know how hard it is to make an NBA roster? I have heard this a few times on here now and each time I do, I shake my head. Ignorant comment IMO. Let the guy live his life and if he chooses to come back, fine. This is not the way to motivate someone IMO.

He's a great basketball player.

He looks to be a very poor NBA player.

That better? :rolleyes:

You think that if they could do it again Portland would still draft and sign him to a 2 year guaranteed deal?

He's a great basketball player.

He looks to be a very poor NBA player.

That better? :rolleyes:

I am tired of your poking and prodding and one of the main reasons I stopped posting here. Please put me on ignore, you are obnoxious. Do you have a job or do you just sit on here 24-7?

Archived