BP's Orioles Top Ten Prospect List

Pickles

This is the current write up.

Sisco’s overall defensive game still leaves much to desire, but it has always been understood that the former high school shortstop’s defense would take some time to develop. The old axiom that “catchers aren’t born, they’re made” will be tested by Sisco, but he’s a hard-working kid and the organization remains convinced he can make the transition. Don’t be surprised if his developmental trajectory slows down a bit over the next two seasons as he puts the finishing touches on his defense

This is the current write up.

Sisco’s overall defensive game still leaves much to desire, but it has always been understood that the former high school shortstop’s defense would take some time to develop. The old axiom that “catchers aren’t born, they’re made” will be tested by Sisco, but he’s a hard-working kid and the organization remains convinced he can make the transition. Don’t be surprised if his developmental trajectory slows down a bit over the next two seasons as he puts the finishing touches on his defense

Thanks, hopefully, like Caleb, coaching and hard work can overcome.

But, when I read things like lazy and doesn't handle the pitching staff week, not too mention, throws out 3 out of 37 runners.

That sends red flags my way.

Thanks, hopefully, like Caleb, coaching and hard work can overcome.

But, when I read things like lazy and doesn't handle the pitching staff week, not too mention, throws out 3 out of 37 runners.

That sends red flags my way.

His throwing really improved in the last few months. He ended up throwing out 25 of 99, including 10 of 25 after getting promoted to Bowie. That probably explains BP's more rosy evaluation.

Interesting. By "best" do you mean, the closest list to your own personal list? Or their writeups and reasoning trump other publications?

I've seen other lists with guys that clearly don't belong in the top 10 like DJ Stewart. People have him in their top ten based on his draft pick status alone when neither his tools or performance in Aberdeen would support that. I think BP's top six for us is spot on.

Funny how DD has made the comment about wanting to keep the #14 pick because we haven't drafted that high in years. At 20+ DJ Stewart was the best available. I'm not so down on him as his stats showed last year. Honestly, where would he be ranking if he just sat the last two months of the draft out and didn't play. He knew he was going to be a 1st rd pick and he was leaving FSU. He had a long season there. Plus for injury concerns, he probably didn't work out after the season ended at FSU and until he signed the contract. That was like 2 months of just sitting around not getting hurt. I think we'll see a much fresher, more in shape, DJ Stewart at Delmarva in April. He could have a season similar to what Yaz had 2 yrs ago and end up at Bowie.

Funny how DD has made the comment about wanting to keep the #14 pick because we haven't drafted that high in years. At 20+ DJ Stewart was the best available. I'm not so down on him as his stats showed last year. Honestly, where would he be ranking if he just sat the last two months of the draft out and didn't play. He knew he was going to be a 1st rd pick and he was leaving FSU. He had a long season there. Plus for injury concerns, he probably didn't work out after the season ended at FSU and until he signed the contract. That was like 2 months of just sitting around not getting hurt. I think we'll see a much fresher, more in shape, DJ Stewart at Delmarva in April. He could have a season similar to what Yaz had 2 yrs ago and end up at Bowie.

Considering that some groups had him graded as a second round pick I do not think there is any consensus beyond the Orioles scouting department that he was the BPA.

He was an overdraft.

But yeah, his name was the big surprise for me. They say he's mid-90s w an above average curveball.

Lol overdraft? I dont know if you can consider a healthy HSer who throws mid 90s drafted in round 7 an overdraft

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I

The other college hitters drafted around where he was performed much better, so I don't buy the excuses about working out, etc. I'm pretty shocked at how poorly he performed and feel his prospect ranking deservedly took a big hit. Hopefully he comes back next year and proves his ranking should have been much higher.

Did you know that catchers get credited with a caught stealing when the pitcher picks a runner off and they throw him out at 2B?

I knew that the base runner got charged with a CS in that situation. Are you sure the catcher gets credited (link)? And does this relate to Sisco in some specific way, or are you making a general point (or a joke)?

Archived