"Second-Tier" Free Agents

LarryBigbie

Fister wants 3 years we want to offer a MiL contract. I doubt he's an option. Parra wants four years, and is the consolation prize for team that don't sign Cespedes, Gordon, or Upton.

Fister could benefit from a crazy good defense and a weaker free agent class next offseason and Parra can want 4 years all he pleases, he's not getting it IMO.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be fine with Austin Jackson if we sign Davis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd prefer another left handed bat. Span, Parra, Bruce, hell I'd even applaud a Markakis trade if the Braves eat some money. I know ultimately you just want the best players out there regardless of handedness but there really needs some dynamic when your only left hander is an unproven Korean league guy...oh and Flaherty.

I'd prefer another left handed bat. Span, Parra, Bruce, hell I'd even applaud a Markakis trade if the Braves eat some money. I know ultimately you just want the best players out there regardless of handedness but there really needs some dynamic when your only left hander is an unproven Korean league guy...oh and Flaherty.

I did say if we sign Davis. So that gives you Davis, Kim, and Wieters.

I think Jackson will be a much smaller commitment than Span or Parra, a better use of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How recently? RHB last 3 years.265 .319 .382 .701 meh.

Hoes MLB career: .237/.289/.328, with a SSS -10 defense in 112 games.

Joey Rickard has a career ISO of .094 in the minors, turns 25 in May, and has 104 PAs above AA.

It's plausible that one of those guys could be as productive as Jackson, but it's far from a sure thing.

Archived