O's Have Contacted Upton

SticksandStones

Signing Upton is more important than a draft pick. If DD can sign Upton a long

term deal is better for the team than a number 14 draft pick. IMO

Agree.

I don't understand the want to sign Upton to a 1,2, or 3 year deal. Upton is the kind of guy it actually makes sense to sign for 5-6 years. This 1yr/short term deal nonsense is a head scratcher. I can't honestly believe that Upton's camp is realistically considering this as an option. Upton, IMO, is by far the most valuable player left on the market.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do folks think it would take to get Upton done for the O's? Maybe 5-6 years at 20 AAV? I would sign him to that deal tomorrow, but interested if people think that would work at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they could sign him for the 150 million they were gonna CD.

If they could sign him for the 150 million they were gonna CD.

They could easily sign Upton and Alvarez for the CD money and still have cash left over. You lose #14 but presumably get a comp pick for CD going elsewhere. Plus, Boras gets to eat it. I'm a fan of that.

They could easily sign Upton and Alvarez for the CD money and still have cash left over.

I'm not so sure of that. There won't be much difference between the AAV of Davis and Upton, and I think Alvarez will cost about $6 mm.

Agree.

I don't understand the want to sign Upton to a 1,2, or 3 year deal. Upton is the kind of guy it actually makes sense to sign for 5-6 years. This 1yr/short term deal nonsense is a head scratcher. I can't honestly believe that Upton's camp is realistically considering this as an option. Upton, IMO, is by far the most valuable player left on the market.

Agreed. He is young, durable and would rake in Camden. I would love to see him in right field from now until 2020.

There doesn't appear to be a big market for Upton. I wonder if the Os could get him at 5/$90m? He's buddies with Jones, he's from Norfolk, we need a RF, and he would hit a ton of homers at Camden. I can think of the Tigers, Mets, and Rangers as other suitors, but it doesn't sound like any of them want another big contract. The Orioles on paper seem like one of the better destinations for Upton.

There doesn't appear to be a big market for Upton. I wonder if the Os could get him at 5/$90m? He's buddies with Jones, he's from Norfolk, we need a RF, and he would hit a ton of homers at Camden. I can think of the Tigers, Mets, and Rangers as other suitors, but it doesn't sound like any of them want another big contract. The Orioles on paper seem like one of the better destinations for Upton.
Seems to me the only clubs that might be willing to go 100M+ for one of the 3 bats are CHW, DET, and BAL. Could see Upton to CHW and Cespedes to DET.

Agree.

Thank you. Giving up a #14 pick for a 1 year contract generally makes no sense. It made sense to give up our 2nd round pick for Cruz, but this year is different.

Please get Upton done.

Seems to me the only clubs that might be willing to go 100M+ for one of the 3 bats are CHW, DET, and BAL. Could see Upton to CHW and Cespedes to DET.

I think swap out the White Sox for the Cards. And Detroit is claiming no significant signings.

Archived