Davis' Mystery Team is ....Nationals? Tigers?

weams

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It could, but I doubt it will. The only reason it has dragged on this long (IMO) is that Angelos hasn't let us get serious with Upton and Cespedes. Boras hasn't been given any reason to hurry.

Pretty amazing that the sixth worse owner in baseball can keep baseball revolving on its axis. Hail the all powerful Angelos.

Pretty amazing that the sixth worse owner in baseball can keep baseball revolving on its axis. Hail the all powerful Angelos.

You find this amazing?

He stopped all the other owners from using replacement players.

He held the league hostage when they wanted to move the Expos to DC.

This is nothing.

Fobby's point is a good one. There's no reason for Boras to lift a finger until he's forced to. Barring some other team making an even dumber offer, the ball is squarely in PA's court to get things moving along. That means a credible signal that the money earmarked to resign CD could be in play elsewhere.

You find this amazing?

He stopped all the other owners from using replacement players.

He held the league hostage when they wanted to move the Expos to DC.

This is nothing.

I think that some spring training games that involved indy league players passing themselves off as MLB players stopped the replacement player thing. I think it was pretty obvious that very few fans were going to come out to watch the York Revolution and the Brigdeport Bluefish and the St. Paul Saints pretend to be MLB teams at MLB prices. This isn't the NFL, where there were clearly many players who came in during the strike who were as good as players on actual NFL rosters, and the longer the strike went on the more that was true.

And the Expos moved to DC after a bit of backroom handshake deals from the various monopolists.

I do not know why we would leave $150 on the table for Davis. If the O's (or PA) are still willing to go 7/150, I'd tell Boras it drops one year and $25 every 12 hours.

I don't think I would leave it. I'd go to Upton.

But Peter has it bad for Davis, so being rational doesn't appear to be an option.

No doubt that Bora's has played on Petey's fears that Davis could sign with another AL east team. Bora's has Petey on a string.

I'll say again, Boras is not going to defeat Peter Angelos in a negotiation. Now if one wants to argue he already has with the offer that was (past tense) on the table, fine. However, ask MLB both before and after the Nationals arrived if Angelos is willing to drag negotiations out as long as it takes until the other side caves.

I'll say again, Boras is not going to defeat Peter Angelos in a negotiation. Now if one wants to argue he already has with the offer that was (past tense) on the table, fine. However, ask MLB both before and after the Nationals arrived if Angelos is willing to drag negotiations out as long as it takes until the other side caves.

That is where I am at and I think that offer gets put back on the table the second Boras says Davis will sign it.

Id say you hit the nail on the head.

Archived