Angelos: 6th worst owner in baseball?

Frobby

Well, at least he's not the worse in the AL East! :D

Better than the defending National League champions.

Better than the defending A.L. East champions.

So he's better than the guy who sabotaged the Expos in Montreal and the family involved with Bernie Madoff. I mean, okay.

Yes. He's better than them

Are you really proud of the fact that he's in the discussion with people like that?

Are you really unaware of the context of my post, which followed Tony's?

Like Malike, I give people here credit for understanding dry humor without having to use the emoticons ........ which would then make the context/humor not dry.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because he, along with minority investors, paid Eli Jacobs a sizable amount of money for ownership of the franchise in 1993.

This was the option instead of Loria buying the team and moving it somewhere else. Angelos for all his faults wanted the team to stay in Baltimore.

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/08/03/us/baseball-going-going-sold-orioles-auctioned-for-173-million.html

This was the option instead of Loria buying the team and moving it somewhere else. Angelos for all his faults wanted the team to stay in Baltimore.http://www.nytimes.com/1993/08/03/us/baseball-going-going-sold-orioles-auctioned-for-173-million.html
OPACY had just opened and was selling out every single game. The odds of MLB allowing anyone to move the Orioles were almost exactly the same as the odds of a magnitude 10 earthquake striking Baltimore and knocking down the stadium.

OPACY had just opened and was selling out every single game. The odds of MLB allowing anyone to move the Orioles were almost exactly the same as the odds of a magnitude 10 earthquake striking Baltimore and knocking down the stadium.

It still was better to have the Angelos Group than the Loria Group purchasing the team with the option to move it if he saw fit. It also kept the Ownership local instead of from NY or Boston.

6th sounds high. I would have figured bottom 3 for sure.

IMO last off-season undid a lot of good will he gained with the last few winning seasons. Coming off an ALCS and doing nothing to improve and actually allowing the team to regress was the nail in the Angelos coffin for me.

Archived