Angelos: 6th worst owner in baseball?

Frobby

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because he put together the group of investors (Tom Clancy, etc) along with himself and purchased the team.

Yes. If you follow the quote trail back, that is exactly what I said. I was initially responding to someone who asked why Angelos has to be our owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Count me among those surprised PA is not lower. Thrift was a disaster. I remember he hired someone to judge draft prospects mentally who interfered with our scouting department and their draft - around the time we drafted and didn't sign that Rice pitcher - about 2004 or so. For me, it gets old seeing the Os near the top of the most profitable franchises plus knowing MASN was kicking over massive profits and yet we continue to see under-investment in our talent acquisition.

I really thought 20 years ago the gorgeous stadium and billionaire owner would make a great combination, but now the teams appears to be some cash cow for PA and his investors. The whole scenario is just really disappointing and somewhat unparalleled.

Count me among those surprised PA is not lower. Thrift was a disaster. I remember he hired someone to judge draft prospects mentally who interfered with our scouting department and their draft - around the time we drafted and didn't sign that Rice pitcher - about 2004 or so. For me, it gets old seeing the Os near the top of the most profitable franchises plus knowing MASN was kicking over massive profits and yet we continue to see under-investment in our talent acquisition.

I really thought 20 years ago the gorgeous stadium and billionaire owner would make a great combination, but now the teams appears to be some cash cow for PA and his investors. The whole scenario is just really disappointing and somewhat unparalleled.

Believe it or not, at one time Thrift was a very good baseball GM.

But, age and health, degraded him, into what we saw here.

Dave Ritterpusch, Mike Flanagan's mentor.

Archived