Orioles and Rockies engaged in " ongoing trade talks " on Colorado outfielders

xian4

Cargo, man, I don't know what to think. Contract is OK (2yrs $37 mln). Hit .270 w/ 40HR and 97 RBI last year.

at Coors: .299/24HR/61RBI

on the road: .243/16HR/36 RBI

^^those are pretty close to his career splits. career .255 hitter outside of Coors.

You'd think he could muster a .260/27/90 line in Camden yards as a 30yr old in Baltimore.

Blackmon is a FA after 2018 and Dickerson is a FA after 2019. They're both cheap so i doubt the rockies trade either of those cats...especially if the O's are discussing a deal. Baltimore obviously dont have the prospects for it.

Honestly, I would ship out Bundy + a lower level prospect for Cargo and call it a day. Rockies shed ~$40 mln in salary over the next 2 years and there's very little room on the 25 man for Bundy on the O's with the bullpen looking stacked.

If cutting the cord on Bundy meant avoiding the disaster of the Davis contract, then I would do it.

But that's just me...

:agree:

Exactly, exactly, exactly....

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In general the opt out clauses seem to be a bad idea for teams. If player earns his money plus, he wants out, if he does not perform he stays. All of that risk is on the team. However, I really like what the Marlins do with Chen. He gets the opt out after two years, but the money is also very cheap for two years. Structured that way, I could get on board.

How's about a Jimenez reunion? Gonzalez is a product of his environment, not that he'd be awful at Camden Yards but I doubt we see a particularly game changing player. I'm sure my evaluation is a underselling him if I'm offering something like Jimenez/Garcia but it is what it is. I'd prefer to go Upton even with my bias towards left handed hitters.

How's about a Jimenez reunion? Gonzalez is a product of his environment, not that he'd be awful at Camden Yards but I doubt we see a particularly game changing player. I'm sure my evaluation is a underselling him if I'm offering something like Jimenez/Garcia but it is what it is. I'd prefer to go Upton even with my bias towards left handed hitters.

They haven't managed to replace Chen yet. How are they going to find two starters?

Trade Davies for Parra...

But seriously, Os will have to part with a lot IMO to get any of Blackmon or Cargo... not worth it. Just freaking sign Upton or Cespedes.

It isn't about doing what is best for team, it is about limiting the financial exposure by any means necessary.

They refuse to pay market for any FA, so are relegated to the "year/couple yrs left" trade market, and weakening an already thin organization.

Archived