Orioles and Rockies engaged in " ongoing trade talks " on Colorado outfielders

xian4

You realize we still need a 5th starter right? It's enough of a risk going into the season counting on one of these guys let alone 2...

My point was the only pitchers we get connected to are coming off injury/looking to rebound, i.e. cheap.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trade Gausman for CarGo.

Resign Davis

Sign Fister

Sign Latos

Obviously you'd be counting on bounceback years for both of the pitchers but I think they're great buy-low candidates in this market.

Sounds like last place for years to come.

I was looking at Blackmon's stats. He was 2nd in the NL with 43 steals. He's listed as a CF. Can he play right?

I think I'd rather have him over CarGo. He'd probably require less to give up and I don't trust that CarGo can stay healthy the next 2 years.

Tell that to the Montreal Expos and Pedro Martinez.Duke traded Carl Pavano and Tony Armas Jr. to get Pedro. Not a bad deal Id say.

I'll see your trades and raise you all the bad/ terrible/ horrific deadline deals hes made for us: Feldman/ Miller/ Parra. Not to mention all of the other goofy trades (Dana Eveland)

I'll see your trades and raise you all the bad/ terrible/ horrific deadline deals hes made for us: Feldman/ Miller/ Parra. Not to mention all of the other goofy trades (Dana Eveland)

Or making trades when you should be Getting pieces for the future? Inability to properly evaluate your team.

I would trade Bundy straight-up for any of the three Colorado OFs. He's too much of a wild card, and it also prevents the O's from the issue of having to carry him on the roster like a Rule 5 pick all season.

Blackmon is basically Travis Snider hitting in Coord. His minor league numbers are pretty terrible. Cargo is much better but will cost a lot more dollars. I would not give Bundy for either of those two. Maybe Triggs or Matusz.

Dickerson would be by far the best value (.975 minor league OPS) and the only one that I would consider for Bundy. Then again he is coming off an injury that could be chronic (plantar fasciitis) but then again so is Bundy.

Option 1 (Sign Upton):

1. Lose pick (negative value if MLB production)

2. Pay Upton ($100 million +)

3. Keep Prospects (positive value if MLB production)

Option 2 (trade for Cargo/ Blackmon):

1. Lose prospects (negative value if MLB production)

2. Keep pick (positive value if MLB production)

3. Pay Player

For me it's all about who you have to give up and whether they are more valuable than the #14 pick. For me I am going to keep the prospects almost every time.

Option 1 (Sign Upton):

1. Lose pick (negative value if MLB production)

2. Pay Upton ($100 million +)

3. Keep Prospects (positive value if MLB production)

Option 2 (trade for Cargo/ Blackmon):

1. Lose prospects (negative value if MLB production)

2. Keep pick (positive value if MLB production)

3. Pay Player

For me it's all about who you have to give up and whether they are more valuable than the #14 pick. For me I am going to keep the prospects almost every time.

The park factor scares me with any COL player...too much of a gamble. OPTION 1 all day AAV will be the same as CARGO

On average, Coors was worth 189 OPS points to the Rockies' hitters last year. .841 at home, .652 on the road. For both CarGo and Blackmon it's 234 points each for their careers. Color me unenthused.

I agree and I like Cargo and I do think he will translate pretty well.

However;

Why would we trade prospects (Duquette has traded 6 pitching prospects already) for Cargo, when we can just sign Upton?

Upton is younger, consistent, and far less of a risk. Makes little sense to me.

Archived