Will Anyone Be Upset With Cespedes?

Bahama O's Fan

I wouldn't be upset, but I'm still holding out hope we re-sign CD. I know I may be in the minority here, but he's a productive player who everyone on the team seems to like and get along with. Not saying Cespedes would disrupt the chemistry by any means, just think retaining CD would help on and off the field.

I wouldn't be upset, but I'm still holding out hope we re-sign CD. I know I may be in the minority here, but he's a productive player who everyone on the team seems to like and get along with. Not saying Cespedes would disrupt the chemistry by any means, just think retaining CD would help on and off the field.

I happen to like Chris Davis independent of Cespedes as well. I like Cespedes, but it has nothing to do with the fact I enjoy Davis.

I would love Cespedes and I feel like he would be a great fit on this team. I keep reading and hearing about "4 teams in 2 years" but can't find anything about being a clubhouse problem. Instead I find articles like this: http://espn.go.com/blog/onenacion/post/_/id/1476/yoenis-cespedes-has-found-winning-chemistry-camaraderie-with-the-mets

I feel like a Jones/Cespedes/Manny/Schoop centered team would be fun to watch and full of personality.

He isn't my first choice but I wouldn't be upset by any stretch. It kind of depends on the potential contract. The 5/90 deal would be okay and I hope he is willing to play RF.

Id really rather them go after Upton instead though. Younger and more dynamic player with more upside and shouldn't cost a whole lot more than Cespedes.

The ball explodes off his bat and he makes better contact than CD. He will not play RF and this has been discussed over and over. He didn't want to pay RF in Boston so be done with it. Keep the golden arm in LF and DH once in awhile and alternate with Kim. His strong arm in LF will slow down runners on 2B thinking about rounding third and trying to score and hitters hitting the ball to LF or close to the line may think twice about stretching singles into doubles. With a runner on 3B and one or two outs I would be more comfortable with him making contact and not striking out than with CD.

What if somehow the Orioles had BOTH Cespedes AND Davis. Im not saying it will or might happen?but I hear things. I know Angelos isn't concerned about a lot of money things(yeah, you heard me right) in his life now and is really serious about seeing his team go the World Series in his lifetime and under his watch. Im not even sure if both players make the O's contenders. They still have gaping holes in their rotation and almost no depth.I figure Gonzo is fading and maybe Tillman too..and who knows what will be with Ubaldo. But I do know that if the Orioles have a lineup with BOTH players it would be an awesome team to watch offensively.Still no speed and a ton of strikeouts, but a massive lethal lineup. Im likely dreaming,,,But I do hear stuff. Anyway we will see probably next week.

Throw in Doug Fister and that would be a hell of an offseason.

Archived