Who on the 25-man roster can be packaged in a trade for a SP?

Snutchy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point of the offseason, you have to ride the strengths of your team as far as they will take you.

The best chance the O's had to maintain their starting pitching was Kazmir. Instead, they felt that it would be more important to play footsie with Davis. Well, now we have Davis back but there's jack you-know-what left on the SP market. And we have nothing to deal without compromising the aforementioned strengths of the team.

At least we have some strengths -- power hitting, and bullpen arms. Let's see if we can be in the hunt for a playoff spot in July. If that happens, then perhaps we can afford to deal Bundy and/or Harvey for a shovel-ready starter.

I think at this point you look to get Trumbo off the books. It was a good backup plan but now with Davis in the fold you have a 9 million dollar DH who is atrocious VS righties. Not a useful piece.

Buck says he is primary DH for 2016. Next idea. Seriously. Trumbo is here. Whether that is smart or not is up for debate.

Buck says he is primary DH for 2016. Next idea. Seriously. Trumbo is here. Whether that is smart or not is up for debate.

I'm sure Buck and Dan have seen Trumbos splits. Who says a player can't be traded twice in an offseason? My biggest concern is nobody wants him. And of course Buck would say he is the DH. Buck has never been one to speculate future moves, he makes a habit out of talking up what he already has.

Matusz for Brandon McCarthy

LAD have Kershaw, Maeda, Kasmir, Ryu, Anderson, Wood and McCarthy. (that 7 starters)

The Dodgers could use, and pay BM

McCarthy is signed for $11M in 2016, $10M in 2017 & $10M in 2018

Its a risk because of the commitment in 17 & 18 but having a good rotation with Ubaldo being the highest paid arm isn't going to be easy.

I'm sure Buck and Dan have seen Trumbos splits. Who says a player can't be traded twice in an offseason? My biggest concern is nobody wants him. And of course Buck would say he is the DH. Buck has never been one to speculate future moves, he makes a habit out of talking up what he already has.

You have to assume the O's would get less than what they gave to get Trumbo - so is there really a point in trading him? It's something to possibly revisit near the trade deadline but not now.

If another team wanted Trumbo, they probably would have tried harder.

If DD doesn't sign Trumbo, then the nay sayers are saying he didnt plan out a contingency for Davis, in case he didnt sign.

At this point, I think Trumbo helps this team, and maybe can pick up some of the slack in the offensive production that they lost by not keeping Cruz.

I think Givens will have to be included in a trade if we want anything back that will help us.

Nah, Givens is still too much of a question mark when you can get a "proven closer" in Britton instead. Unless someone is going to trade for Givens for value commensurate to a top-20 reliever in the league, the O's are better off hanging on to him and trading Britton.

Archived