Chris Lee credits Alan Mills and Rick Peterson with adding 5 mph to fastball

wildcard

Dan has done a good job in making a few small trades that seem to be helping the minors and replacing some guys he dealt away for major league pieces. Lee looks like a sleeper and may turn into the replacement of Erod. Gunkel is putting up similar numbers to what Davies did last season in the minors.

DD's good with the little moves. They add up. Hopefully those same coaches can help him bring that slider along. Our farm system is looking sneaky average this year, and that's good considering we were supposed to have one of the worst systems.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DD's good with the little moves. They add up. Hopefully those same coaches can help him bring that slider along. Our farm system is looking sneaky average this year, and that's good considering we were supposed to have one of the worst systems.

And he was great with not resigning Cruz and signing Gallardo? He's better than he is bad, but all moves should be taken into account.

For the record, our farm system is ranked by pretty much all national evaluators at or near the bottom of MLB as an FYI. Not average.

I love minor league baseball, but our system needs work and depth.

And he was great with not resigning Cruz and signing Gallardo? He's better than he is bad, but all moves should be taken into account.

For the record, our farm system is ranked by pretty much all national evaluators at or near the bottom of MLB as an FYI. Not average.

I love minor league baseball, but our system needs work and depth.

I think every GM has some failures. As for the minor leagues I think is a work

in progress and will improve. IMO

I too feel our farm system is a little better than what the experts think.

A little better? Sure. But truth be told there isn't much impact talent. Most of the pitchers named aren't going to bet you much in a trade. We aren't talking about ERod or Hader here.

I like that the guys that I'm hoping to do well are doing well.

For position players, Sisco, Mancini are doing well. Walker and Reyes are holding serve. Heim and Yaz are comin' on the back stretch.

For pitchers, essentially all of the names that I've hoped would do well are doing well, except for those not playing - cough, cough, I'm looking at you Hunter.

I've read a lot of good things about Alan Mills. I hope he's someone we can hang onto long term.

I will ALWAYS love Mills for his role in the Benitez/NY Yankees fisticuffs (i.e. when he Stockton-slapped Daryl Strawberry real bad).

Archived