The AL East Moves So Far -- who has improved?

Frobby

Until Dan stops ignoring the rotation we have little hope of winning the East.

I actually think the OF is more scary than the rotation. Anyone that thinks the 6'2" 240lb Kim is a ML OF'er is going to be disappointed. As it stands we have arguably the worst defensive OF in ML baseball, and they (except Jones) can't hit either

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually think the OF is more scary than the rotation. Anyone that thinks the 6'2" 240lb Kim is a ML OF'er is going to be disappointed. As it stands we have arguably the worst defensive OF in ML baseball, and they (except Jones) can't hit either

How about waiting until ST, to push the panic button?

When you watched Kim play, what do you think his weaknesses were? Do you think he played too shallow and got beat by balls over his head? How well did he play the carom off the wall? You sound like you're an expert on all things Kim. I'm sure you've seen hours of film on him. Maybe you watched him live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you have spent 90-100 for Chen for 5 years?

Nope. Never really cared for Chen. I'd have happily signed Kazmir for his contract. I'm interested in Latos. Leake's 5/80 is steep but I would have done it. I'm not a believer in Samardzija.

Nope. Never really cared for Chen. I'd have happily signed Kazmir for his contract. I'm interested in Latos. Leake's 5/80 is steep but I would have done it. I'm not a believer in Samardzija.

Orioles dont sign opt outs.

I like Kazmir, but not at the money he got.

Latos might be worth a one year flyer on.

The Orioles did talk to kazmir. He signed with the Dodgers for 3/$48 million and will pitch in the NL in a pitchers' park with a one-year opt out. Pretending that we had a chance to sign him is just silly.

Herein lies truth.

Kazmir was offered a deal to pitch in setting far more beneficial than OPACY, on a team far more likely to go deep in the post season. I just don't see how anyone could think the Orioles had a realistic chance to sign him to a deal that would have made sense for them.

Herein lies truth.

Kazmir was offered a deal to pitch in setting far more beneficial than OPACY, on a team far more likely to go deep in the post season. I just don't see how anyone could think the Orioles had a realistic chance to sign him to a deal that would have made sense for them.

Just go to four years. That would negate the purpose of the opt out. All the rumors at the time were that he would go to the first team that offered four years.

Just go to four years. That would negate the purpose of the opt out. All the rumors at the time were that he would go to the first team that offered four years.

You are kidding yourself. Teams, including the Orioles, were discussing $12-13 million per season with Kazmir. The Dodgers came in and blew everyone away with $16 million per season plus an opt-out, to pitch in the best pitching environment in baseball. They basically gave him the 4th year money without requiring the 4th year, plus they gave him the opportunity to opt out if he goes off and has a home run season. The Orioles had no chance on Kazmir. No chance.

So you would have advocating giving Scott Kazmir an AAV that would have equaled or surpassed the one they are paying CD given the deferred money? I would have liked to have Kazmir but if the choice is trotting out Kazmir every 5th day at an AAV of roughly 17million plus or trotting out CD EVERY DAY at the same money AAV....well that seems like a pretty easy choice. Kazmir is a decent pitcher but he is no ace, he is no Price or Greinke.

So you would have advocating giving Scott Kazmir an AAV that would have equaled or surpassed the one they are paying CD given the deferred money? I would have liked to have Kazmir but if the choice is trotting out Kazmir every 5th day at an AAV of roughly 17million plus or trotting out CD EVERY DAY at the same money AAV....well that seems like a pretty easy choice. Kazmir is a decent pitcher but he is no ace, he is no Price or Greinke.

I agree

There's always an excuse. We can't sign any good starters and we can't seem to develop any (or we give them away). I guess we'll just not have a strong rotation at any point. Depressing way to start a season.

There's always an excuse. We can't sign any good starters and we can't seem to develop any (or we give them away). I guess we'll just not have a strong rotation at any point. Depressing way to start a season.

So losing 1 starter, makes the entire SP rotation, is maybe a bit of a leap.

So losing 1 starter, makes the entire SP rotation, is maybe a bit of a leap.

Well considering that one guy was the best of the lot in terms of performance, I think it's not that big a leap. There is a reason Chen got paid.

I think if Miggy or Ubaldo (SP equivalent of mystery meat) was that guy who was gone, I would feel much better.

Well considering that one guy was the best of the lot in terms of performance, I think it's not that big a leap. There is a reason Chen got paid.

I think if Miggy or Ubaldo (SP equivalent of mystery meat) was that guy who was gone, I would feel much better.

If Tilly regains his previously form, I suspect he will remain our best starter

Archived