MLB Network: Manny is the fourth best 3B "right now"

Frobby

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true. In fact Bryant is an above average defensive 3B. as shown by his +3DRS or 5.4UZR/150.

We'll see. I think he's an outfielder. Plenty of guys had great metrics in very small samples. Guy is real strong though. I admire power.

I hate Donaldson but the dude did have a monster year. Personally I'd still take Machado. Bryant is just all cubbie hype. They're easily my most hated NL team. Lots of hate flying around but that's what happens when you slight Machado. Beltre is just ridiculous. He was hurt all last year and is old. I'll take Machado over all them offensively and defensively.

Yeah, that Bryant guy who just put up a 6.5fWAR season compared to Lord God Machado's 6.8fWAR season is all hype. Good lord fella.

Yeah, that Bryant guy who just put up a 6.5fWAR season compared to Lord God Machado's 6.8fWAR season is all hype. Good lord fella.

Bryant's good and all. We'll watch his career before induction though. I certainly don't think he is hype. Nor do I think he will play too many years at third.

Without doubt. But to rank him above Manny after only one year is...stupid. And that's putting it nicely.

This I can agree with. At this point Manny and Donaldson are clearly better and Arenado is a toss up. 3B around MLB is about as deep as I can remember it being in the last 20 or so years.

I did not realize how many games Bryant played as a rookie. He had a great season.

He would have played more except that the Cubs played service time games with him. He has filed a grievance against the Cubs about it, and I won't be surprised if he wins.

It should be Donaldson, Arenado, Manny in some order in the top 3. I can accept arguments that Arenado is better than Manny, but I cannot accept alternatives to that top 3.

I would say Manny and Donaldson are in a class of their own, followed by Bryant, Arenado, Beltre (in no particular order).

He probably will. I'd be surprised if he did not.

He wont, firstly because he filed that grievance back in may so it's been 8 months and also, teams do this all the time. If George Springer didn't win, then it's impossible to win. The Astros offered hima long term deal before he was promoted and if he accepted it they would promote him. He turned it down and, as a result, was kept in the minors. The Astros had no plausible deniability and yet they still won. The Cubs can just say, well Olt broke a bone and LaStella got injured so we didn't have a choice.

Archived