Jonathan Schoop could be headed for Stardom

Redskins Rick

I love Schoop, but 19 BB's in 611 PA's. 15 GIDP's. Constantly being behind in the count. He could be so much better. Heard that before with Jones though.

Schoop has a career OBP of .283 he isn't comparable to Jones. If Schoop continues to hit like this his career as a starter will be short.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.757 and .788 OPS's the last two years. He can start for the next 15 years if he continues hitting like this.

There is more to baseball than OPS. Zero steals, ton of strike outs, pathetic on base percentage. He has high OPS because he hits the occasional home run. Not because he is a good hitter.

It is kinda fascinating to see who the mob targets when things go south.

Schoop is hardly the only one struggling right now but you couldn't tell it by this board.

I would have bet Wieters was going to be the one tarred and feathered.

Sure, the whole lineup is a mess, and Matt has been among, if not the, worst. You saying you liked seeing Jon swinging right there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, the whole lineup is a mess, and Matt has been among, if not the, worst. You saying you liked seeing Jon swinging right there?

Nope.

How many of Davis' 205 strikeouts have been looking?

I don't like that either.

I'm just saying it is fascinating watching the mob mentality of this board. Someone picks a victim and everyone else piles on.

There is more to baseball than OPS. Zero steals, ton of strike outs, pathetic on base percentage. He has high OPS because he hits the occasional home run. Not because he is a good hitter.

There only a few players in the game who are above average at everything they do. Schoop will never be one of them. That doesn't make him a bad hitter.

That said, regarding his most recent at-bat, down one run in the late innings of a critical game with a slumping hitter at the plate seems like a pretty horrible time to swing 3-0.

It is kinda fascinating to see who the mob targets when things go south.

Schoop is hardly the only one struggling right now but you couldn't tell it by this board.

I would have bet Wieters was going to be the one tarred and feathered.

Who is ganging up on Schoop. It is almost the whole team. Schoop, Wieters, Trumbo, Davis, Alvarez all just trying to hit home runs every at bat on every count.

Who is ganging up on Schoop. It is almost the whole team. Schoop, Wieters, Trumbo, Davis, Alvarez all just trying to hit home runs every at bat on every count.

Check this thread and the game thread.

Plenty of piling on going on.

You see the Trumbo thread being bumped every time he makes an out or misplays a ball?

I'm just wondering how the target is picked.

There only a few players in the game who are above average at everything they do. Schoop will never be one of them. That doesn't make him a bad hitter.

That said, regarding his most recent at-bat, down one run in the late innings of a critical game with a slumping hitter at the plate seems like a pretty horrible time to swing 3-0.

Second base is a hitting position. Look at all the good hitters in the American League at second base: Altuve, Dozier, Kipnis, Kinsler, Pedoria, Cano, Odor, Travis. All guys who can hit , get on base, steal bases. Well except Cano who hits 30+ home runs hits close to .300 and gets on base a lot. Schoop is at the bottom of the AL second basemen.

Nope.

How many of Davis' 205 strikeouts have been looking?

I don't like that either.

I'm just saying it is fascinating watching the mob mentality of this board. Someone picks a victim and everyone else piles on.

I was simply flabbergasted that we green lit one of the many guys who haven't hit well recently (his average - about 30 points - and OPS - about 100 points - have dropped precipitously since July) against a flustered pitcher when we have been struggling so much. You're basically just praying an ice cold power hitter runs into one.

But it's your narrative, so run with it.

Archived