Get to know Yovani Gallardo

weams

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo says in the Sun

“I’ve noticed a big difference, so I’m excited to see how it feels once I’m able to go out there and play catch, and like I said, hopefully maintain that strength for the rest of the year and for the rest of my career by doing the exercises that I’m doing now. That way, I won’t have to deal with his issue anymore,"

o

(May 14th)

Yovani Gallardo made 25 throws from 60 feet today.

He said that his right shoulder felt "free," that there were no restrictions.

He will move up to 90-foot throws on Monday.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/731567992937545728

Does anybody have audio from the throwing session? Because, as we all know, the real key is whether the shoulder is "barking" or not.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

(May 14th)

Yovani Gallardo made 25 throws from 60 feet today.

He said that his right shoulder felt "free," that there were no restrictions.

He will move up to 90-foot throws on Monday.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/731567992937545728

Does anybody have audio from the throwing session? Because, as we all know, the real key is whether the shoulder is "barking" or not.

Yes.

Here it is:

[video=youtube;sT4-UcTkc-A]

Is it wrong that I want Gallardo to stay away from the rotation?

Nope. It was wrong to sign him, but stating the painfully obvious isn't wrong. I'd give him a few starts to see if the problem really was a shoulder injury, and if he is still horrible, get him out of the rotation.

Nope. It was wrong to sign him' date=' but stating the painfully obvious isn't wrong. I'd give him a few starts to see if the problem really was a shoulder injury, and if he is still horrible, get him out of the rotation.[/quote']

I don't think a couple weeks of rest and strengthening exercises he should have been doing all along are going to get him his fastball back.

Archived