Dexter Fowler (Reneges)

TheBee

Jays will find someone else to deal. Why they want Bruce is beyond me. I still think it's funny that they wanted Chance Sisco for Bruce.

They want Bruce as a one, a power lefty which they need desperately in the MOO and two, protection for losing one or both Bautista or Encarnacion. Interesting to see Bautista in camp 7 days early discussing contracts at a presser. Speculation is he wants 4-5 years at 20-25 aav and is upset that the Jays have spent 2 weeks contemplating with zero response. The Jays clubhouse has a potential to be a pretty toxic atmosphere this year, especially if the pitching struggles early!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think there are many who would agree. I could almost be convinced that Alvarez and the number 28 pick would be intriguing as well. You know. To go for the HR record. I think Alvarez would be a beast in OPACY.

I wouldn't have a huge problem adding Alvarez to the lineup and putting Trumbo out in right field, but my preference would be Fowler even if I had to give up the 28th pick. Adding Alvarez at DH would really give the team a ton power up and down the lineup no doubt.

Jays will find someone else to deal. Why they want Bruce is beyond me. I still think it's funny that they wanted Chance Sisco for Bruce.

They want Bruce as a one a power lefty which they need desperately in the MOO and two protection for losing one or both Bautista or Encarnacion. Interesting to see Bautista in camp 7 days early discussing contracts at a presser. Speculation is he wants 4-5 years at 20-25 aav and is upset that the Jays have spent 2 weeks contemplating with zero response. The Jays clubhouse has a potential to be a pretty toxic atmosphere this year, especially if the pitching struggles early!

I could quote the joker from the dark knight about chaos, which the jays locker room could be, but there are to many good quotes about that

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

Considering this is the 2nd trade for Bruce that has fallen through for Toronto this winter, it's pretty clear they want him. I have a feeling they'll continue trying to find a deal that works.

The Blue Jays have completed a study that shows that Bruce OPS's 86 points higher when he know what pitch is coming, so they are determined to get him..

They have interns hard at work.

25X100mm-HD-high-power-wide-angel-binocular-telescope-100mm-giant-birding-watching-binoculars-professional-DH141.jpg

I had to laugh at that Deadspin article about Bautista's unwillingness to negotiate. That guy is the absolute biggest douchebag in the game, man. If I were the Jays, I'd be like "cool, see ya". Dude's 35, an asshat, and bound to decline as early as this year. Maybe the Yanks sign him and we can continue to plant fastballs in his ribs for years to come.

I may be biased but the AL East seems to be packed with the worst players...Bautista, Ortiz, Rodriguez...are there any players worse than these guys personality wise?

I may be biased but the AL East seems to be packed with the worst players...Bautista, Ortiz, Rodriguez...are there any players worse than these guys personality wise?

They are, but they are in Toronto, Boston and NY.

I know, there are none on the Orioles, and don't believe the Rays have any either.

Yeah, and the big problem child, came from Boston. LOL

Harper is not that bad, I have met him and he seems ok. He was only sticking up for Manny when Papsmear threw at him.

Papsmear is a clubhouse presence. Bowell article:

Then, by the next day, he was full-blown Pap again. Loud and large, he was at the center of the room, picking the team’s music play list, including the country song “Shut Me Up.” Key lyrics: “I’m the siren you can’t unplug. . . . The only switch that I got is ‘on.’ . . . You can’t cover up the truth with duct tape.”

Tell us how you really feel.

Don’t worry, he will. Later, he walked the Nats’ complex in a cut-off muscle T-shirt with arrows pointing to big biceps covered in jagged tattoos. The shirt said: “Obama Can’t Ban These Guns.” Pap wanted to wear that shirt to the “apology press conference,” but he was talked out of it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/nationals-bringing-jonathan-papelbon-back-is-either-the-best-idea-or-the-worst/2016/02/21/d7c11f2c-d8bf-11e5-925f-1d10062cc82d_story.html

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Hosmer's t-shirt has a message for you. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Royals?src=hash">#Royals</a> <a href="https://t.co/3ZHQlHy0gU">pic.twitter.com/3ZHQlHy0gU</a></p>— Craig Brown (@royalsauthority) <a href="

">February 17, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

They're gambling that they can fix him. He's still only 28, and he apparently isn't going to cost much to acquire. I think it's a good low risk move for a team like the Jays. In that park, in that lineup, with a change of scenery and some new swing doctors checking him out... maybe he gets back to form. If he doesn't, it apparently wouldn't cost them much in terms of players.

I'd be content with the O's rolling the dice on him in a pinch... but they need OBP rather than more raw power, though, so he's not as good of a fit.

Archived