Rickard?

WarehouseChatter

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joey Rickard and Noland Reimold have had about the same track going through the Minors.

Both were at AAA at age 24/25

Reimold 1771 PA 1510 AB 0.286 BA 0.383 OBP 0.521 SLG 0.904 OPS

Rickard 1499 PA 1237 AB 0.283 BA 0.390 OBP 0.397 SLG 0.787 OPS

Nolan has more power which drives his OPS higher. His first year (Nolan) translated rather well so may Joey's.

You never really know who will translate and who won't. I think the big fear with guys who have no power is that big league pitchers won't walk them and their OBP's will drop like a rock. Nolan Reimold has enough power where major league pitchers have to be careful with him, and that allows Nolan to use his good plate discipline to draw some walks.

As to Rickard, he showed a bit more power last year (including in the winter league) than he had previously. I'm looking forward to seeing what he shows us this spring, but not I'm not simply assuming he will succeed.

I think everyone is wayyy too excited about this guy. He couldn't get one at bat for the low scoring Rays last season and wasn't even considered 40 man roster worthy. I really don't even think he will make it out of spring training (hope I'm 100% wrong) and depending on him to be the everyday leadoff hitter would be unwise.

I think everyone is wayyy too excited about this guy. He couldn't get one at bat for the low scoring Rays last season and wasn't even considered 40 man roster worthy. I really don't even think he will make it out of spring training (hope I'm 100% wrong) and depending on him to be the everyday leadoff hitter would be unwise.

I agree that expectations seem overly high for him.

I think Dan and Buck will do everything they can to hold onto him.

I do believe that when you look at Tampa Bay and HOW they have to use their 40 Man Roster, there needs to be the caveat of "Team Control".

When placed on the Forty they relinquish that control in three years. By not protecting him they may have very well hoped that he would not have been claimed. He was placed on the Durham Roster to protect him from the Minors Rule 5 Draft and that also speaks volumes. It also was his first year to be exposed to the Rule 5.

Maybe this opens up a spot on the bench for Rickard to make the team in that last bench role.

Platoon Trumbo with Reimold, and use Wieters in the DH, when Trumbo is playing the field, and see how Kim does in May.

Maybe Rickard plays well and gets some playing time at the COF?

Why do you want to platoon Reimhold? Why hasn't Reimhold been DF'ed yet? I don't understand the love for Remhold? He played all last year

and hit .220. He will always be a .215-.230 with 12 homers, that is his max.

Why do you want to platoon Reimhold? Why hasn't Reimhold been DF'ed yet? I don't understand the love for Remhold? He played all last year

He did not hit .220 last season. I guarantee you 12 HRs is not his max.

I'm in no way advocating they rely on him though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did not hit .220 last season. I guarantee you 12 HRs is not his max.

I'm in no way advocating they rely on him though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'a talking about some guy named Reimhold. Mike Bordick used to talk about him. I know nothing about him.

Why lie?

I get that you don't care for him, but why lie?

He's talking about some guy named "Reimhold." Mike Bordick used to talk about him. I know nothing about him.

Nolan Reimhold.

Matt Weiters.

Cal Ripkin, Jr.

Carl Ripken, Jr.

Jason Hamels.

Jonathan Scope.

Impostors, all of them.

Archived