Miguel Gonzalez option available

srock

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember Worley. He's the Pirates reject who has ordinary stuff and seems to lack durability.

He has Ground Ball stuff. He's not a reject though. He beefed with the front office about wanting to start. He's going to get a chance to win a spot to start in ST unless we sign multiple SP's. I'm optimistic about our pitching staff next year. I expect bounce back years for Tillman and Gonzo and a possible breakout year for Gausman. Wilson and Worley should be depth so if a starter does get hurt they can actually spend the necessary amount of time to heal up.

But by no means am I advocating not signing/trading for at least 1 and possibly 2 SP's. We can sort of follow the Royals plan. Have plenty of SP depth and have a lights out pen. If we're in the thick of things and need a TOR starter then buy one at the deadline.

Sure things

1. Jimenez

2. Tillman

3. Guasman

4. Miguel Gonzalez

I don't think there is much argument about the top 3. Ubaldo is under contract, Tillman is cheap for his talent, Guasman is also cheap and ready to be great (or fail trying).

Miguel Gonzalez. Plenty of debate on this but I don't see why. Posted this in another thread which got me thinking about the rotation in general.

Linky

The long list of in house candidates for the 5th spot and the requisite depth needed:

Tyler Wilson

Tim Berry

Dylan Bundy

Steve Johnson

TJ McFarland

And hopefully some signings because this isn't a strong or deep list.

Herein lies my point. The Orioles have 4 proven starting pitchers then a bunch of question marks. Why in the world would they dump Gonzalez thus adding to the problem?

Why do people keep suggesting SJohnson is a rotation candidate?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

He has Ground Ball stuff. He's not a reject though. He beefed with the front office about wanting to start. He's going to get a chance to win a spot to start in ST unless we sign multiple SP's. I'm optimistic about our pitching staff next year. I expect bounce back years for Tillman and Gonzo and a possible breakout year for Gausman. Wilson and Worley should be depth so if a starter does get hurt they can actually spend the necessary amount of time to heal up.

But by no means am I advocating not signing/trading for at least 1 and possibly 2 SP's. We can sort of follow the Royals plan. Have plenty of SP depth and have a lights out pen. If we're in the thick of things and need a TOR starter then buy one at the deadline.

So at best a cheap mike leake or miguel, or a replacement for Darren.

Why do people keep suggesting SJohnson is a rotation candidate?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Honestly ...if they are going cheap and he's healthy it's very likely to be Bundy due to his contract situation and protecting him from the strain of multiple warm ups etc.

Archived