Miguel Gonzalez option available

srock

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Yeah, watch baseball from the 70’s and 80’s.  There are soooo many meatballs. 
    • What a shame to lose such an excellent and exciting player.   2nd time for him (once for each knee.) 
    • Twice in the past week, a starting pitcher was pulled from the game with a no-hitter in progress in the 7th inning.  That would NEVER have happened in the past- and it would have made for very exciting 8th/9th inning.     I realize Bradish is coming off a very serious injury and we need to be very careful with his workload.  I can't say I'm totally against it.  Skenes had also thrown well over 100 pitches in his game.   Still, it was way better the old way...
    • I think you make great points, but you need to remember that Miller is NOT a rental.   He is an elite talent with 6 years of control.
    • What prospect that is ranked higher then Kjerstadt is a team gonna give up.      The Yankees have nothing to give up their two highest guys are Dominguez coming back from injury and Jones struggling in AA.   The Guardians always build from within so they are not really in the trade conversation.   The Royals have 1 guy a catcher in the top 100 who is just 19 in A ball.  The Twins have some nice prospects but are similar to Guardians with not trading away young guys. The Mariners have the farm but there issue is batting and where they should be concentrated on.   The Rangers have the two young outfielders but they are off limits then 1 guy in the top 100 at 65.   The Braves farm is god awful and bullpen not a weakness.     The Phillies are one team I can see making a push for him and have the prospects to get him if they want him.   The Brewers have some pieces they can trade but again like Cleveland not usually super aggressive in trading prospects. The Cubs have lots of prospects but I feel they are where we were 2 years ago in trying to sort out what all they have first as their GM has said they are looking at more 25-26 seasons.  If they change courses they are a player for sure.    The Cardinals are an aging team with only a few fringe top 100 prospects and should be trying to trade away a few of their older pieces.   The Dodgers farm is pretty much depleted though they are always aggressive they don’t have much unless they offer some young major league pitching. The Giants have Luciano but not lot after him and he is probably untouchable.   The Padres don’t have anything in their farm besides Salas and a few very young prospects a long way away.   The top level teams competing this year don’t have a lot of prospects left so we shouldn’t be competing with huge offers unless the Cubs or Phillies decide to go in.            
    • You can add the trend to symetrical parks, and thanks to Pete Reiser padded walls and warning tracks.  OF's also generally play much deeper than they did in previous eras.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now