Gausman has cortisone shot

jabba72

Kevin Gausman has been diagnosed with tendinitis in the right shoulder, and he was given a cortisone injection on Sunday morning, manager Buck Showalter said.

?Just kind of working his way through and decided to take an injection today. He decided to take one just to hopefully get it cleared up. He?ll be down for about three days from the injection before we pick back up again. He?s been on the treatment list for about a week or so,? Showalter said.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/blog/orioles-talk/gausman-has-cortisone-shot-shoulder-tendinitis

I have been waiting for a left-hander to emerge, and this seems to be the best news for that.

Sure he'll probably loose mustard on the fast ball, but think of what he'll learn to do with his breaking stuff.

I have been waiting for a left-hander to emerge, and this seems to be the best news for that.

Sure he'll probably loose mustard on the fast ball, but think of what he'll learn to do with his breaking stuff.

I don't think Gausman is going to learn how to pitch with his left arm.

Kevin Gausman has been diagnosed with tendinitis in the right shoulder, and he was given a cortisone injection on Sunday morning, manager Buck Showalter said.

?Just kind of working his way through and decided to take an injection today. He decided to take one just to hopefully get it cleared up. He?ll be down for about three days from the injection before we pick back up again. He?s been on the treatment list for about a week or so,? Showalter said.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/blog/orioles-talk/gausman-has-cortisone-shot-shoulder-tendinitis

Yeah, I saw that yesterday though I read he had been getting treatment for this for "7-10 days". Shoulder tendinitis is caused by repeated rotator cuff impingement which makes the tendons around the rotator cuff

inflamed due to micro tears. Chronic rotator cuff tears occur over a long period of time while acute ones happen suddenly. It concerns me that this is the second year in a row where he has been sidelined for tendinitis

in his throwing shoulder. IMO, any time a pitcher comes down with an arm injury especially involving the elbow or shoulder, it is a red flag especially if it is a repeat injury. Gausman's shoulder isn't holding up to what he

is doing to it. I'm not saying we need to ring the alarm bells, but the Orioles need to be careful with him. The implication is that he's been pitching through it and it got to the point now where he was forced to stop and

get an injection. I hope this doesn't recur during the season this year again.

Its starting to get worrisome how fragile the O's arms are. At least the ones they draft.

We've actually been pretty lucky at the MLB level with SP's not getting hurt the last few years. Our SP hasn't struggled because of injuries but just lack of talent, unless you want to count Tillman and Gonzo as being hurt last year. Every team has prospects that get hurt all the time.

Yeah, I saw that yesterday though I read he had been getting treatment for this for "7-10 days". Shoulder tendinitis is caused by repeated rotator cuff impingement which makes the tendons around the rotator cuff

inflamed due to micro tears. Chronic rotator cuff tears occur over a long period of time while acute ones happen suddenly. It concerns me that this is the second year in a row where he has been sidelined for tendinitis

in his throwing shoulder. IMO, any time a pitcher comes down with an arm injury especially involving the elbow or shoulder, it is a red flag especially if it is a repeat injury. Gausman's shoulder isn't holding up to what he

is doing to it. I'm not saying we need to ring the alarm bells, but the Orioles need to be careful with him. The implication is that he's been pitching through it and it got to the point now where he was forced to stop and

get an injection. I hope this doesn't recur during the season this year again.

Lets hope not.

I don't think Gausman is going to learn how to pitch with his left arm.

Yeah well, that's just -like- your opinion, Can.

I was just encouraged to have a thought less based in reality than my own irrational love for Rule 5 guys on the roster.

Almost got there. Almost.

Yeah well, that's just -like- your opinion, Can.

I was just encouraged to have a thought less based in reality than my own irrational love for Rule 5 guys on the roster.

Almost got there. Almost.

How cool would it be to have someone who tore up their primary arm try and learn how to throw with the other one? There has been a couple ambidextrous pitchers before, include one that is currently active, so it is within the realm of possibility.

How cool would it be to have someone who tore up their primary arm try and learn how to throw with the other one? There has been a couple ambidextrous pitchers before, include one that is currently active, so it is within the realm of possibility.

I know Billy Wagner had to switch to throwing lefty because he injured his right arm. Didn't stop him from becoming one of the greatest closers of all time. Of course that kinda stuff is an extreme rarity.

Worley has an ERA of 6.75.

Can we please kill the fantasy he is the answer to anything but deep deep starter depth.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still a better ERA than Tillman, Gallardo, Jimenez, Gonzalez

Archived