Naming rights.

weams

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weams and his Nats hate....

And then OFFNY who lectures people on fandom when he lives in NY and also is a fervent White Sox fan. ...

Quite the pair.

I love the Orioles and they are my first team but I also live in NOVA and follow the Nats too because I love baseball and like to more easily go to live games. I am not the only one, there are many of us. This "hate" you create is stupid and just makes Oriole fans look bad.

Need I remind you, your boss even floated the idea of doing a Nats board.

But don't let me stop you making fart sounds from your armpit, carry on....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And then OFFNY who lectures people on fandom when he lives in NY and also is a fervent White Sox fan. ...

Quite the pair.

I love the Orioles and they are my first team but I also live in NOVA and follow the Nats too because I love baseball and like to more easily go to live games. I am not the only one, there are many of us. This "hate" you create is stupid and just makes Oriole fans look bad.

There are huge differences, which anyone who posts here regularly can attest to.

The White Sox are my second favorite team, but I show no favoritism toward them whatsoever in regard to the Orioles.

You, on the other hand, are CONSTANTLY antagonizing the Orioles and NEVER antagonizing the Nationals.

In fact, I start an annual Nationals thread in the MLB section every year (Rick started it last year, I started it all of the previous ones, plus this year's.) Last year, the National were expected to easily walk away with the division title. And where were ANY of your sarcastic remarks in regard to their underachieving last year ??? Nowhere.

On the other hand, anytime the Orioles struggle, you are almost always there with your antagonistic/sarcastic comments with a smile (:)) to let everybody know how upset you are about it.

2015 NATIONALS THREAD: O http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/147680-2015-Washington-Nationals?highlight=2015+Washington+Nationals

Not single post from you antagonizing the Nationals when they underachieved by far from what was expected of them.

Yet you claim that you like the Orioles more than the Nationals.

My secondary fandom of the White Sox is nothing like your primary fandom of the Nationals, and your constant trolling of the Orioles.

Camden Yards naming rights are close to worthless except to MASN who would say it over and over and over again. CVS Park. Although MASN Park at Camden Yards is a nice way to funnel some of that MASN money to the Orioles. Oh yeah, it's doesn't work that way. The Orioles exist to feed MASN, not the other way around.

After all these years do you say Orioles Park or Camden Yards? I always say "we're going to Camden Yards"

Since the Maryland Stadium Authority owns the stadium, don't they have the ownership to the name and the rights to name the park?

No Angleos sued or went to arbitration or some such legal avenue to get ownership of the naming rights. When Ravens Stadium was built, the Ravens got the naming rights as a lure to Model to come to BALTIMORE. Angelos complained that his deal was to be equal to the Ravens, so he was awarded the naming rights to OPCY. He carries the naming rights as an asset on the ledger sheets of the LLC that owns the team.

No Angleos sued or went to arbitration or some such legal avenue to get ownership of the naming rights. When Ravens Stadium was built, the Ravens got the naming rights as a lure to Model to come to BALTIMORE. Angelos complained that his deal was to be equal to the Ravens, so he was awarded the naming rights to OPCY. He carries the naming rights as an asset on the ledger sheets of the LLC that owns the team.

I would love to see some reference to any of these statements. Has it been published? Or is this just your own knowledge?

I would love to see some reference to any of these statements. Has it been published? Or is this just your own knowledge?

I found an old article referring the fight that Angelos was having with the Md Stadium Authority during their new lease contract talks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/local/2000/07/19/orioles-seeking-rights-to-park-name/f25a2de0-1905-4595-8c67-041d208fb23b/

http://www.orioleshangout.com/blog/hangouters-highlights/369/orioles-respond-to-hangout-416

According to the Orioles own statement on Hangout, they own the right to name Orioles Park at Camden Yards.

By John Eisenberg | July 20, 2000

It's simple, really. The Orioles don't want to change the name of their ballpark, but they do want the money they could get for changing the name of their ballpark. In other words, we'd better start getting used to the idea of Geritol Park at Camden Yards, or AARP Field, or some new, fiscally correct name for the place where the Orioles play. Oh, sure, there's a chance it won't happen. What the Orioles really want is a sweeter lease agreement with the Maryland Stadium Authority, if that's possible, because the Ravens bought the naming rights to their stadium for $10 million and sold the rights for $105.

There's more out there, just don't have the research time

Quite the pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does this make O's fans look bad? Every fan base has other teams that they hate.

Have you ever been to the Gnats board? They hate us more than we hate them.

Archived