Tillman today

accinfo

I'm getting tired of hearing excuses for why our pitchers are allowing so many runs this spring. I keep hearing quotes like "my stuff was good but I just left a couple of pitches up. I'm happy with my outing." At some point, it's time to show you are ready for the season. Tillman will get one more start before the season begins, and he is behind schedule in terms of being ready.
"I am so close to being so good and everyone knows it."

You forgot about Gallardo. He has been pretty bad too. Not worried about him either?

Ubaldo has had a decent spring, although most of it has been in the minor league camp. We can't pretend that 2014 never happened.

Maybe Tillman passed the eye test, but the results have been bad going back to last year. I am still concerned. Very. He is supposed to be our best pitcher.

I have some hope for Gausman, but he could be injured. Shoulder tendinitis does not sound like something that will just go away and never come back.

Pretty much the only guy I have any confidence in is Wilson, but he may not even make the team.

madmag.jpg

Not worried about it. Worry causes ulcers. I can't change what's going on by

worry. Sorry

Many many chances.

BUT when you aren't allowed to throw your best pitch....who's fault is that?

When did anyone say that to him? He had bone spurs that prevented that. I never heard him restrained from it. Besides, he had seven pitches when an Oriole and only two were MLB quality. Or do you have insider info to the contrary?

I think this is a reasonably fair assessment myself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/10/11/jake-arrieta-was-a-bust-in-baltimore-now-hes-doing-the-impossible-with-the-cubs/

Is this going to become yet another Arrieta thread?

Don't they all? It was my fault. I posted a quote from someone that had confidence that he would get it together and he did. Just one time when a pitcher's platitudes came so true.

Archived