Orioles interested in Shields?

paulcoates

Time to make a move. Cut Gozo and Worley, save $5.6 mil. Deal Cisco and lower end prospect for Shields. San Diego eats $20 mil of his $65 mil contact including $2 mil option year. We take on 3@$15 mil per. With $5.6 in roster cuts, we get him for roughly $13 mil and change per year.

Not Sisco. No Way.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Money aside, you have to give something to get something. I would rather retain Bundy, Harvey, Hess and Reyes. Sisco seems expendable with Heim and Murphy in system and Buck from what I've read loves Heim.

Money not aside. This is a straight dump contract. He passed through waivers. No one wanted him for only his salary.

Money not aside. This is a straight dump contract. He passed through waivers. No one wanted him for only his salary.

I suspect a team will pick him up, like they will Miggy and try and fix what ails them.

IMO, I dont think it will be this team, unless a MIL deal and a trip to AAA, but again, my thoughts.

How quickly we throw in the towel.

How is trading a highly rated prospect throwing in the towel? Imagine if we would have sold high on Matusz? Or Bundy? Or any from a long list of arms.

I personally don't like the Stewart pick. I could be wrong, he could be a HOFer.

But trading him now is not throwing in the towel, his value is fairly high.

How is trading a highly rated prospect throwing in the towel? Imagine if we would have sold high on Matusz? Or Bundy? Or any from a long list of arms.

I personally don't like the Stewart pick. I could be wrong, he could be a HOFer.

We trade him and he flourishes, then we get to put up with all the whining in OH about how stupid the team was to trade him.

We trade him and he flourishes, then we get to put up with all the whining in OH about how stupid the team was to trade him.

But if they don't trade him and he's a bust then we have to put up with all the whining about how stupid the team was for NOT trading him! :)

Back in autumn 2012 it was reported that the Orioles had reached out to the Marlins about acquiring Stanton, but the Marlins wanted Bundy or Gausman, so the Orioles said forget it.

Personally, I will always take the established big leaguer who can help you win now over a prospect that may or may not ever be as good as the guy you're getting. Stewart may never even make it to the majors for all we know, so this would be an easy one for me. It's not like he's a true top prospect on the verge of getting to Baltimore. He didn't even make John Sickels' top 175.

Everyone here has varying opinions on various prospects. Nobody is ever right all the time. However, trading everyone or trading nobody isn't the answer. As information or opinions adjusts, so should you.

I am concerned about his arm and hence not sticking in the OF. He doesn't have enough power for first. Could I be wrong? Absolutely. But we are just here spewing opinions, nobody knows for certain.

How is it selling high by trading a guy after he just posted a .633 OPS in short-season ball? What are you expecting back in this trade? What would your Nationals give up for him?

Archived