Orioles interested in Shields?

paulcoates

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can understand not being a huge fan of the Davis deal, but putting it among the worst contracts in baseball currently seems a bit silly to me when he hasn't played a single game under it. I think you ranked the Howard contract too low, by the way.

I put the Davis deal as number 2. It's worse for the O's than it would it would be

for wealthier team. I shudder every time I think of the owner spending that much

for Chris instead of improving the team. Oh well. His money and his stupidity.

IMO

Can they trade Davis for Shields? :) One bad contract for another. But seriously, the Padres will have to eat at least $15 million for me to want the Orioles to do that deal. $21 million/year is just way too much money for a mid-rotation starter.

Can they trade Davis for Shields? :) One bad contract for another. But seriously, the Padres will have to eat at least $15 million for me to want the Orioles to do that deal. $21 million/year is just way too much money for a mid-rotation starter.
Plus a 2 million dollar buy out. 65 million still owed for three years.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the Davis contract, I just think it's silly to label it a bad contract until he's played at least one season under it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the Davis contract, I just think it's silly to label it a bad contract until he's played at least one season under it.

I think for the sole fact that Davis had no other suitors and the O's bid against themselves makes it a bad contract.

I think for the sole fact that Davis had no other suitors and the O's bid against themselves makes it a bad contract.

It's my belief to label something a bad contract, there has to be high compensation and low relative performance. Your statement relates to the first condition, but we have nothing at this point to address the second.

Archived