Orioles Release Miguel Gonzalez

SticksandStones

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he's trying to make a point or get their attention he'd do it with lesser piece.

Maybe, but it wouldn't drive the nail home quite as firmly and wouldn't have hit the team as hard. Anyway, it will be interesting to see who Gonzo ends up with and if he finds the low 90's again.

Edit: Just to add, Gallardo is pitching lights out today. If a message was being sent, he seems to have gotten it.

If it was next week me too. If it was after a 3-month stint in the minors where he regained his 2012-2014 form, not so much. I understand the O's decision and agree with it under the circumstances. I just don't think he's conclusively shown that his major league career should be over.

I think he needs to find himself a place where he isn't subject to testing so he can get his velocity back.

That place isn't the minor leagues.

It really shouldn't. Someone can give him a minor league deal with incentives for no money. We can't do that. Well we CAN but that won't happen.

Well...we'll see, I guess. I know that some of my discontent is because I like Miggy and appreciate his contributions to the team. Something tells me that he's not done, though.

Gonzo could get some coaching from Jamie Moyer. And become a finesse pitcher.

Most guys with 86 mph fastballs are called "employed somewhere besides MLB." If Jamie Moyer could turn 1/10th of the pitchers with his resume through 33 into players with half his career after 33 he'd be a miracle worker.

No, that isn't what is happening here.

I'm seriously suggesting the only way he gets his fastball back is to use PEDs.

Not even close to the same thing.

I agree with what you are saying in this post. He is not out of shape and does not have mechanical issues. He's not injured either. Other than the wear and tear on a 32 year old arm that has thrown 200 plus innings in various leagues every year for a decade plus.

I agree with what you are saying in this post. He is not out of shape and does not have mechanical issues. He's not injured either. Other than the wear and tear on a 32 year old arm that has thrown 200 plus innings in various leagues every year for a decade plus.

He's never really thrown anywhere close to 200 innings. And lost a few years in there with the arm issues.

I think it's foolish to just assume he's done and i think the O's gave up on him way too quickly, especially considering his contributions to the club and his attitude while they played their dumb option games. I hope he finds a home and proves them wrong, again.

He's never really thrown anywhere close to 200 innings. And lost a few years in there with the arm issues.

I think it's foolish to just assume he's done and i think the O's gave up on him way too quickly, especially considering his contributions to the club and his attitude while they played their dumb option games. I hope he finds a home and proves them wrong, again.

He pitched in various leagues in the same seasons. The only time he did not was when injured.

Archived