vs. TWINS, 4/04 (Opening Day)

OFFNY

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not good awareness by Rickard there. Can't catch that ball once it goes foul.

I think it's debatable. It's the tying run not go ahead. He lets it drop, there's two chances to get the go ahead run, not two.

My first thought was to let it drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blown save by Brach. Although Rickard needs to let that ball drop, that was a terrible 1-2 pitch to Suzuki.

Disagree with giving the other team an extra strike especially with two runs in scoring position and one out with no double play possible.

I think it's debatable. It's the tying run not go ahead. He lets it drop, there's two chances to get the go ahead run, not two.

My first thought was to let it drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But it doesn't make sense to catch that if your willing to play the infield in with the go ahead run on 2nd. It's not consistent.

Let it drop and Suzuki could hit a double on the next pitch or a two run single. It's a toss up and a risky move to give up an out.
If you can record an out, you should do it, unless it'll cause the opposing team to walk off win. The out is more valuable for its momentum killing effect.

Not in the 7th inning of game with the tie run on 3rd and the count 1-2. It's a hard decision to know where he was since h's not familiar with Camden Yards, but he should have let that go once he felt the warning track.

Archived