Bordick and the Koolaid

Roll Tide

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think Bordick gives some good insight into infielders positioning and highlighting footwork and hand placement on replays. I think we are lucky to have him as our second color analyst. May be hard watching him compared to Palmer, but not sure where all the hate is coming from.

It took all of 1 full O's game in 2016 to get me scratching my head.

Last night before the 2nd O's game started, MB was commenting on the Batista play at 2nd the previous night. MB pretty much said the umps screwed up, but in a nutshell, also said the Rays 2B had to shoulder some of the blame because he didn't move his feet fast enough (I'm paraphrasing what he said as best I can recall). IMO, I thought Batista made a definite grab at the 2B's ankle, and therefore ALL of the blame should be on Batista, and nowhere else.

When he said that, I had a nice 1 way discussion with my TV, then shrugged my shoulders and opened a beer. It's going to be a long season, listening to the games when he's at the mic.

Last night before the 2nd O's game started, MB was commenting on the Batista play at 2nd the previous night. MB pretty much said the umps screwed up, but in a nutshell, also said the Rays 2B had to shoulder some of the blame because he didn't move his feet fast enough (I'm paraphrasing what he said as best I can recall). IMO, I thought Batista made a definite grab at the 2B's ankle, and therefore ALL of the blame should be on Batista, and nowhere else.

When he said that, I had a nice 1 way discussion with my TV, then shrugged my shoulders and opened a beer. It's going to be a long season, listening to the games when he's at the mic.

Neither Hardy nor Buck thought he was attempting to grab. I trust their judgement.

Neither Hardy nor Buck thought he was attempting to grab. I trust their judgement.

Well said. I have absolutely nothing against Bordick personally, but his inability to be objective in his analysis is grating. Being a coach and a broadcaster is textbook conflict of interest. Fans want to hear the cold, hard

truth when something happens as opposed to having smoke blown up our asses. It's like that old saying: don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining and Bordick is constantly peeing on the legs of all people viewing. It

insults people's intelligence and makes Bordick sound like an idiot when he's clearly not when it comes to baseball. He's always wearing the orange lipstick and wearing the rose colored glasses. He not only drinks the

Kool-Aid, but he bathes in it, cooks his beans in it, fries his eggs in it, takes it out to dinner and sleeps with it. The guy's loyalty is obvious, but it clouds his judgment all too often.

The team is 3-0 and playing well. Fielding well and pitching well. Getting timely hits. What is to be negative about?

I've started to realize that Bordick is fast becoming my least favorite Orioles broadcaster.

Too much of a homer, says too many meaningless things, and is generally boring to listen to.

Hurry back, Palmer.

I would take al Palmer, all the time. That being said, Bordick seems a lot better this year than in years past.

One more thing, perhaps obvious for some. Though Jim Palmer is a close friend of mine and Ive known him for 45 years, I text him(sometimes during the game) and call him when he says something "over the top". In that context, I rarely have many instances of him doing that. Generally speaking, Palmer, is probably the best baseball analyst in the game today.He spares no one on the Orioles if he feels criticism is warranted. He occasionally blisters players and coaching decisions. He knows the game better than anyone Ive ever met, so Mike Bordick probably would pale in comparison to Palmer in terms of content and credibility. And theres this too. Palmer is almost NEVER wrong when it comes to baseball.

True, Palmer even knew more than Earl did, while playing for Earl!!!!! :)

One more thing, perhaps obvious for some. Though Jim Palmer is a close friend of mine and Ive known him for 45 years, I text him(sometimes during the game) and call him when he says something "over the top". In that context, I rarely have many instances of him doing that. Generally speaking, Palmer, is probably the best baseball analyst in the game today.He spares no one on the Orioles if he feels criticism is warranted. He occasionally blisters players and coaching decisions. He knows the game better than anyone Ive ever met, so Mike Bordick probably would pale in comparison to Palmer in terms of content and credibility. And theres this too. Palmer is almost NEVER wrong when it comes to baseball.

Opposing fans don't like Palmer, and I don't blame them. He can come across as arrogant. But to O's fans, he's a gem; a real treasure. I can't wait to hear his first broadcast this year.

I can't stand it when our hometown commentators - particularly guys that are former players - speak highly of our guys during a game that we're winning and looking pretty damn good in the process.

Bordick. The nerve of this guy. Somebody call the Jerk Store - their stock is dwindling.

That's why Cal is trying to be more towards the middle and not really call Orioles games on TBS. he'd come off as a homer

Archived