Bordick and the Koolaid

Roll Tide

This is just ridiculous ! Ulbaldo was bad in the second half last year regardless of the opponent, Chen certainly did not ask to be skipped.

Yes he was skipped, you can look it up if you prefer. I never said he asked to be skipped, I have stated on other posts that Buck Showalter PROTECTED Chen. This you can also look up.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes he was skipped, you can look it up if you prefer. I never said he asked to be skipped, I have stated on other posts that Buck Showalter PROTECTED Chen. This you can also look up.

If this is going to stay on past players. I'll move it.

I am always amused when Bordick goes through the opposing pitch arsenal at the start of games, and every time he talks about the fast-ball, he always adds 'And its a good one!'

On an unrelated subject, was flicking around the MLB broadcasts on MLB.TV and the O's MASN opening sequence is the classiest of all MLB teams by some stretch.

Interestingly enough 6 pages in on the topic of how WRONG a single point was regarding Ubaldo.

clear-cut?

For the record, Id say Chen was most consistent but he was steered around a few turns to miss Toronto and IIRC Detroit.

And Mike Bordick has room for improvement I will grant anyone that fact. But to my knowledge he has not insulted Brooks yet. ;)

I've been pretty critical of Bordick. However, I was reminded recently that Buck Martinez used to be one of our color guys. He was a tad more critical than Bordick but for some reason he really grated on me ("he suuurrrre did"). Overall, I consider Bordick less irritating than Martinez was.

PS - RIP, Flanny. You were a very good color man.

Bordick is beginning to grate on my as well. Today, he said that Manny had a good game (4 - 4 with a HR), but the real story was Vance Worley and how well he pitched...

Really? Last time I checked, giving up 3 runs, 7 hits and walk in 4 2/3 IP wasn't good.

Mike - if there was a story on the pitching side it was the 4 1/3 inning, 1 hit, 0 run, 7 k performance turned in by the bullpen.

I've been pretty critical of Bordick. However, I was reminded recently that Buck Martinez used to be one of our color guys. He was a tad more critical than Bordick but for some reason he really grated on me ("he suuurrrre did"). Overall, I consider Bordick less irritating than Martinez was.

PS - RIP, Flanny. You were a very good color man.

He is a complete Toronto homer now.

Archived