Some impressions of Mark Trumbo

Frobby

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm one of those sentimental saps that believe there is still magic in baseball. Why can't Trumbo have 3-4 monster years in front of him? Many have completely shut the door on resigning him no matter what. I say let him play and see what develops. If he is consistently good, come about July, I'd consider giving him a good contract. Not great, but good.

I'm one of those sentimental saps that believe there is still magic in baseball. Why can't Trumbo have 3-4 monster years in front of him? Many have completely shut the door on resigning him no matter what. I say let him play and see what develops. If he is consistently good, come about July, I'd consider giving him a good contract. Not great, but good.

If he stays good, he'll get great.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“Somebody here has nine home runs,”<br>“About to be 10 right here,” <a href="https://t.co/tHW4exdNaX">https://t.co/tHW4exdNaX</a> <a href="https://t.co/pQlmTQ62BN">pic.twitter.com/pQlmTQ62BN</a></p>— Orioles Hangout (@OriolesHangout) <a href="

">May 12, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I like to believe in magic as well, I just don't like to put money (or my teams money) behind it.

Magic is Nate McLouth off the waiver wire playing in the playoffs. It's not often signing a guy for $70M for his 30s and feeling the hair stand up on your neck when he's almost worth it for a few years.

Magic is Nate McLouth off the waiver wire playing in the playoffs. It's not often signing a guy for $70M for his 30s and feeling the hair stand up on your neck when he's almost worth it for a few years.

And hitting that dang pole!

I think Trumbo will have a career year, and he could well go on to have 2 or 3 years better than his career average. But I still wouldn't sign him because we don't need him next year, as much as we need other pieces like SP, C, or COF.

Nah real magic is your GM laughing off that half season magic and letting the Gnats sign him to 2/10 and never play.

Real magic is Bobby Dickerson not sending AJ on the Trumbo FB to LF and then Alvarez getting a huge 2 out hit. I know we were all rooting for AJ to test the arm.

I think Trumbo will have a career year, and he could well go on to have 2 or 3 years better than his career average. But I still wouldn't sign him because we don't need him next year, as much as we need other pieces like SP, C, or COF.

I agree with this.

Archived