Is it just me or is Jim Hunter not that bad on radio?

Guest JChav

Ya know, I was thinking the same thing.

And the worst part about Manfra on the radio is, he describes the play so thoroughly and intently without telling you what the result is--caught, foul, safe, whatever.

This is my biggest complaint about Manfra. It can be up to a solid 20 or 30 seconds before I know if, after a hit, a baserunner is on 1st or 2nd.

This is my biggest complaint about Manfra. It can be up to a solid 20 or 30 seconds before I know if, after a hit, a baserunner is on 1st or 2nd.

LOL, try watching on gameday, and people in the game thread are already posting the event, before you know what happens. :):):)

Ha, you're probably right. Fred btw is recovering from surgery I believe. Think he'll be back next month.

Fred is only doing "select" games this year. I'm not sure how many that is, but he's not going to be the regular 2nd announcer.

Fred is only doing "select" games this year. I'm not sure how many that is, but he's not going to be the regular 2nd announcer.

Fred said he is coming off the DL, and is supposed to be third man in the booth as needed.

April 19th, Hunter has TV duties, and Fred is supposed to be at the game.

He made a stop during OD and talked on the air with the guys for a spell.

Archived