The bullpen is crazy-go-nuts

25 Nuggets

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a new combo for us, so it's hard to compare results with so little data.

(But) from what we've seen, I don't think you can slip a sheet of paper between them in terms of results.

The Rays announcers were just gushing about the O's bullpen tonight. They kept pointing out that Brach & Britton have only given up 8 ER in more than 80 innings pitched.

The Rays announcers were just gushing about the O's bullpen tonight. They kept pointing out that Brach & Britton have only given up 8 ER in more than 80 innings pitched.

MASN showed a graphic that Britton and Brach are #1 and #2 in ERA for relievers. Not sure if that was AL or MLB. Killer B's!

They have both been used in back to back games. Interesting to see how Buck plays it tomorrow with Bundy starting and presumably needing at least 4 innings from the bullpen. I wonder if Britton could pitch a save opportunity as he did not throw many pitches tonight.

Another stellar performance from the bullpen last night, allowing one baserunner in 3.1 IP. The bullpen ERA currently is at 3.05, 2nd in the AL, and the bullpen's record is 25-8.

Buck was asked about Givens getting a big out against the LHB Descalso, and said something to the effect of, "I'm not going to tell yowhat it is, but we've made some adjustments with Givens that will help him with LHB."

Another stellar performance from the bullpen last night, allowing one baserunner in 3.1 IP. The bullpen ERA currently is at 3.05, 2nd in the AL, and the bullpen's record is 25-8.

Buck was asked about Givens getting a big out against the LHB Descalso, and said something to the effect of, "I'm not going to tell yowhat it is, but we've made some adjustments with Givens that will help him with LHB."

But all I've been told is the Orioles were horrible at helping young pitchers. ZOMG!, why couldn't they do the same for Matusz all those years?!

Part of it is him using a change up.

I've been pretty confident that Givens wasn't going to stay anywhere near that bad against lefties.

Roe is better than some people give him credit for, too, imo. He had a solid run of a couple weeks as the go-to 7th inning guy last year. He's definitely not a mop-up type of guy. For that we have Ubaldo (until we trade him for pennies on the dollar).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived