The bullpen is crazy-go-nuts

25 Nuggets

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Hart was going to get tagged with his first run or two last night, but he got Dickerson to hit into a DP with the bases loaded and one out. Nice job. He was pumped up too, shouting into his glove once the infield turned two.

o

They had a runner on 3rd with less than 2 outs in a close game, and didn't even get a sacrifice fly?

I thought that those kinds of things only happened to the Orioles.

o

(vs. RED SOX, 9/19)

4 shutout innings in a losing cause.

Good bullpen.

o

They seem to have recovered fairly well from their recent nosedive ........ operating without the services of Darren O'Day may have been partially responsible for the mid-to-late season breakdown of Brad Brach (whom also appears to be revovring fairly well from his own recent nosedive.)

o

(vs. DIAMONDBACKS, 9/23)

6 shutout innings.

3 Hits.

0 Walks, 8 Strikeouts. O:eektf:

85 Pitches (60 Strikes, 25 Balls.)

Darren Christopher O'Day.

Brad Brach.

Mychal Antonio Givens.

Zachary Grant Britton.

Raymond Thomas Hunter.

Oliver Gardner Drake.

o

The addition of Tommy Hunter is interesting. He was an effective reliever for Cleveland this season but he lost out to numbers because they have the OTHER dominant pen in the AL. He's pretty much just as good as he was when the Orioles traded him.

He's decent. Nothing special, but certainly better than Logan Ondrusek and his ilk.

o

(vs. DIAMONDBACKS, 9/25)

In Mychal Antonio Givens' 2 shutout innings, he struck out 3 batters on 9 pitches in his 1st inning.) :eektf: )The other batter that he faced that inning was hit by a pitch on a 1-2 count.

In his 2nd inning of work, he retired the Diamondbacks 3 up, 3 down.

He threw: 26 Pitches (21 Strikes, 5 Balls.)

Overall, the bullpen threw 4 shutout innings, while have no margin for error.

1 Hit.

1 Walks, 6 Strikeouts. O:eek:

62 Pitches (44 Strikes, 18 Balls.)

o

When I look back on the last five years, the great bullpen is one of the huge factors in our being a good team. Not only that, but the fan experience is so much better when you have confidence in the bullpen vs. when you feel a train wreck is around every corner. I've been on both sides of that experience and I far prefer this side!

Obviously we have a lot of talent there, but Buck does a brilliant job of managing the pen. He's a huge difference maker for us with the way he doesn't abuse anyone and puts guys in a position to succeed.

Archived