Pressures on Wright as no one wants to be sent down to make room for Gausman

wildcard

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wright's not quite there yet but I think he's going to be a solid #3-4 type starter within a couple of years. Just needs a little more consistency. As far as Buck leaving him out there too long, yes he probably did but he's going to have to do that sometimes to keep this bullpen intact. They simply won't make it through the season if they're used as much as they have been so far. Have to lose some battles to win the war.

I found Wright's comments after the game interesting. The one play could have been fair or foul.Davis didn't handle it extremely well.He outtan it.

Yes, when I read that I was a little confused. Is he really be in critical? Also he said he thought he had a perfect game except for one pitch. Get a grip dude.

Wright has a great fastball and no command of anything. He also lacks an out pitch. He's a lock to carry a 5+ era this year.

I found Wright's comments after the game interesting. The one play could have been fair or foul.Davis didn't handle it extremely well.He outtan it.

I found them pathetic to be quite honest.

You don't allow 2 homers along with 6 other hits and can't make it through the 7th inning if you only had one bad pitch.

It was an OK outing, but he completely fell apart into the 7th inning. Shades of the Rangers game. Just absolute crap.

I was at the K today, and I can tell you that I left very impressed with Mike Wright. He was throwing 95 mph until the end, his stuff looks really good to me. On the other hand, this may have been one of the worst games Manny Machado has ever played, and Chris Davis looked pretty bad too. Bundy appears healthy to me, but they blooped him to death. The O's got a break when they called Colon out at third base, he was safe and it wasn't really close. I do not know how you have a replay of that and not over turn the call. They got the replay of Dyson out at second correct, he was out. But Colon was safe.

Wright's not quite there yet but I think he's going to be a solid #3-4 type starter within a couple of years. Just needs a little more consistency. As far as Buck leaving him out there too long, yes he probably did but he's going to have to do that sometimes to keep this bullpen intact. They simply won't make it through the season if they're used as much as they have been so far. Have to lose some battles to win the war.

Right. If we had a #1 and a #2 in the rotation, then Buck would probably be fine pulling his 3/4/5 starters after 6. But since we don't have anything but 3/4/5 starters, you can't pull everyone at 6 when they're having good games because when they're not having good games they're getting pulled after 4 and you simply can not burn a bullpen up that fast.

I was at the K today, and I can tell you that I left very impressed with Mike Wright. He was throwing 95 mph until the end, his stuff looks really good to me. On the other hand, this may have been one of the worst games Manny Machado has ever played, and Chris Davis looked pretty bad too. Bundy appears healthy to me, but they blooped him to death. The O's got a break when they called Colon out at third base, he was safe and it wasn't really close. I do not know how you have a replay of that and not over turn the call. They got the replay of Dyson out at second correct, he was out. But Colon was safe.

The replay showed that Colon's right foot slide into Manny's foot that was blocking the bag. His left foot was up in the air and not on the bag when the tag was made.

Not a play by Manny that I am fond of. Looked like a good way to get spiked.

I think he's ready, but we're going to see some growing pains from him. Like we saw in the 7th inning. I do think Buck left him out to long, but still.

He gets replaced with Gausman. Worley or TJ can make spot starts for Gallardo. TJ is throwing 94 mph, though, and looks pretty great. So, sure.

I don't like Wright's comments but he had a lot better feel for his pitches on normal rest. He's faced some tough lineups this year so far. I like TJ but I think he goes in this one. Commit to Wright and let him get a few starts on normal rest. Yo-yo'ing everyone for spot starts isn't going to be good. It's too early in the year to start that.

Archived