Could Lincecum still be an option for us, and should he be?

xian4

Why not? I'm envisioning a line of 15 pitcher's mounds, with big plywood strike zones 60' away. There's pre-arranged sequence of pitches and a coach yells "pitch!" and whomever misses the zone gets dropped down a trapdoor to a waiting Rancor.

I had to google that.

Makes me feel good that my geekdom has limits.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm okay with the Orioles having interest in Lincecum. I think it's a fine signing if it were to happen. Where I'd have issues is if this is our answer for the rotation and not just a lightning in a bottle type move.

I think Lincecum could have utility left for a big league team, but it's not a guarantee. Even if he does make it back to the big leagues in any meaningful way, it's more likely to be as a reliever at this point.

Want to sign Lincecum? Fine. You can never have too many arms, but I want Cashner or Latos or Wood or someone else in addition.

It would be nice to know what "has interest" means when the Orioles are mentioned. Does it mean a thorough analysis from multiple parties or a random, tire-kicking phone call when early February rolls around and the "shock" from FA pitching prices finally begins to wear off.

I think his career is destined for the bullpen. I think he could do really well there.

...but we don't need bullpen depth.

Trading Britton for Either and Wood, moving Oday to the closer spot, Lincecum to the 7th inning role.....

Or Brach and Wright/Mancini to get Either or Wood. That would be the only way Lincecum makes the bullpen I would imagine. I mean there are a ton of RHP in the pen or on the AAA bus to the ML for the pen. If he gets signed, I bet there is a trade in the very near future. That being said, "interest" and the Os go together like lamb and tuna fish. B4ij1Xtl.gif

Where's that thread about "Orioles have interest" this should go there
"Orioles have interest" is as close as you can get to a lock that he won't be an Oriole.

Yea that's what I was getting at. That was the point of that thread. We've been "interested in" everyone at this point

Archived