vs. TWINS, 5/10

Sessh

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah' date=' had to hit that fastball in the middle of the plate. Once he got ahead in the count we all know what he was going to throw to Jones. Let our BP shut 'em down.[/quote']

That's the problem though. We ALL knew what was going to be thrown, so I assume Adam did as well. Yet he still wails away at it incoherently.

That's the problem though. We ALL knew what was going to be thrown, so I assume Adam did as well. Yet he still wails away at it incoherently.

Yep and we tolerate that when Jones puts up the numbers that he does but obviously to this point he's struggled mighty so it makes it even worse.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Agreed they were one reliever short I thought even with Baumann(even though I don’t trust him much), now with Viera they are 2 guys short.  That was a downgrade though they must think they can get him fixed enough to have him help out later on.  Perez has pitched well so that is a big help but still another guy is needed for times like today.  I do think they might add Lopez if they can claim him on waivers who is better option then Viera imo.  
    • I have no problem going reliever at #22 if he profiles as a dominant reliever.  Sounds like Massey can be gotten later but I’d have no problem going for Brody Brecht with one of those first two picks.  Again, I prefer Gillen or Lindsey at #22.  Be great if we could get one at #22 and the other at #32.        Who do you consider high upside that might be there at #32?
    • Looking for bright spots from today’s game, Hays hit three balls on the screws, 102, 104 and 106, two of which went for hits.  His BA is creeping towards the Mendoza line, now at .190. He’s hitting .294 since coming off the IL.  
    • At this point, after seeing this game and about 3 other games lost this year, I have come around to the fact that the O's are going to have to trade for a shut down 7th and 8th inning guy.   I think that is all they need. But for now they are that ONE guy short of having a BP that can win a WS this year.
    • That’s absolutely part of the recipe. 
    • If Basallo goes off in the second half we have an outside shot for 4 #1 prospects 4 years in a row.  I’d say that’s elite.  The Latin players he signed in his first year are now 19 & 20 and just getting into full-season ball.  They have also hit on a lot of trades (Brandish, Cano, Povich, McDermott) and will continue to supplement the pipeline through additional trades.  Etzel, Fabian, EBJ, Horvath could all turn the dial up a notch or 2 and become big time prospects.  
    • I agree, but I think the bigger issue is having a tired bullpen and still having Viera on the team.  Elias need to give Hyde better options.
  • Popular Contributors