vs. TIGERS, 5/12

Sessh

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we assign him some exotic middle and last names that a mother would name him? Because an OFFNY orange and black marquee doesn't look right without three names.

Hmm... what would a mother who gives someone the first name of "schittenden" give them as a middle name, and what would their last name be?

How about...

Schittenden Humphrey Brentwood?

Well, I do go by my middle name, which is not Humphrey for the record. I also have an Orioles bird drawn on a chalkboard wall in my house listing photos in Gnats land. I do hope I'm not alienating buyers, but priorities.

Who is on their DL? Or are you talking about KC? Moustakis and ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 of their starting pitchers (Young and Medlen).. 40% of their rotation is gonna be a hodgepodge for at least the next few weeks.

It's not early. Look who's on their DL, they are gonna lose a lot of games over the next two months. Toronto is actually gonna be bad this year. Maybe .500.

I don't see: Encarnacion, Bautista, Stroman, Dickey, Donaldson, Estrada, Floyd, Happ, Storen, Martin, Tulo, Pillar, Saunders etc... none of the injuries are serious either except Travis. I don't get your point.

There were lots of things that I enjoyed about today's game. Especially that our two starters did not let it become eight.

Yes, Ubaldo looked horrible but got out of some big jams. Ausmus goes to the pen more than Yankees skipper and the O's bats stay hot with late inning comeback. The t-shirt company wins as many Tigers fans have to place new orders for the 2016 season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• It has been clear that there is a faction of this board and the Os fan base in general that have an over the top dislike for McKenna.
    • I’m sure it’s Spakman’s remark that set me off: “Literally been praying every single second to the God of my choice that someone takes him away from the Orioles organization.”  But just generally, I don’t hope that our players get claimed when they’re DFA.   When you say that, you’re saying that having the player in the organization is worse than not having him.  I don’t buy it.  I also didn’t like the remarks (in previous threads, not this one) suggesting that McKenna misjudging a fly ball was due to some character flaw on his part.
    • A big part of seeing more pitches is that he is whiffing or fouling off very hittable pitches in the middle of the zone.  As I added to an earlier post, he is getting himself into a ton of two strike counts - about 60% of his plate appearances. 
    • Has anyone seen any news about how Tyler is progressing?
    • I agree that he’s been pretty bad in those high leverage situations. In Fangraphs clutch metric, he’s by far the worst hitter in the league. The difference between him and 2nd place (McNeil) is the same as the difference between McNeil and 55th place. He has cut down on his K rate the past few weeks and has hit into some bad luck, but it definitely looks like he’s overthinking in some of these higher leverage situations. I’d say his AB’s are pretty good other than that, but they’ve been pretty poor in those more important situations. 
    • How far away from the stadium are you willing to go?
    • A few of us were arguing in the offseason this team needed an extra outfielder, mainly a centerfielder, in case Mullins or someone else struggled or got hurt again like last season.   Gunnar, Adley and Westburg have settled in nicely, but it appears we can't expect all the young guys to adjust so well.  Cowser was great for awhile but has shown himself to have some large growing pains the past few weeks.  Meanwhile, the veterans in the outfield have all had their struggles.  Aaron Hicks played unexpectedly well last season, and a veteran presence out there in lieu of Mullins slumping badly is maybe what this team needs.  Hopefully that's all this team needs out there this season.  
  • Popular Contributors