vs. TIGERS, 5/12

Sessh

Well, I do go by my middle name, which is not Humphrey for the record. I also have an Orioles bird drawn on a chalkboard wall in my house listing photos in Gnats land. I do hope I'm not alienating buyers, but priorities.

I have a fun story about the Gnats.

A coworker was in the market for a new smartphone. I happened to be upgrading from a fairly new phone to an even newer one. So I sold my Samsung Galaxy S5 to my coworker for $180 -- less than it cost if he bought it as an upgrade from the carrier, and he didn't use up his yearly upgrade by doing it.

When I bought that phone, the nice lady in the Verizon store built me a custom Otterbox case by taking the orange plastic piece out of one box, and a black rubber cover out of another, and made me an Orioles orange and black case for the phone.

This is a very frugal coworker.

He didn't spend any money to replace the case, and didn't want to run the phone "naked" for fear of damaging it, so ever since I sold him that phone (he still has it), this coworker, who is definitely a Gnats fan, wears around an Orioles orange-and-black smartphone.

It's hilarious. I tease him about it all the time. :)

I also gave him a FREE ticket to an Orioles vs. Gnats game at OPACY in 2015. I drove him from work and everything, all he bought was his own food at the park. The Orioles won.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Almost turned it off down 5-0. Sure glad I didn't. Wow, what a comeback!!

I debated sitting down to watch the game or just check on gameday when I get home for the seventh. It seems I choose wisely

A coworker was in the market for a new smartphone. I happened to be upgrading from a fairly new phone to an even newer one. So I sold my Samsung Galaxy S5 to my coworker for $180 -- less than it cost if he bought it as an upgrade from the carrier, and he didn't use up his yearly upgrade by doing it.

When I bought that phone, the nice lady in the Verizon store built me a custom Otterbox case by taking the orange plastic piece out of one box, and a black rubber cover out of another, and made me an Orioles orange and black case for the phone.

He didn't spend any money to replace the case, and didn't want to run the phone "naked" for fear of damaging it, so ever since I sold him that phone (he still has it), this coworker, who is definitely a Gnats fan, wears around an Orioles orange-and-black smartphone.

I also gave him a FREE ticket to an Orioles vs. Gnats game at OPACY in 2015. I drove him from work and everything, all he bought was his own food at the park. The Orioles won.

Karma.

Tremendous story. Great.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">PUMPED. UP. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/IBackTheBirds?src=hash">#IBackTheBirds</a> <a href="https://t.co/HXuxBvQcBR">pic.twitter.com/HXuxBvQcBR</a></p>? Orioles on MASN (@masnOrioles) <a href="
">May 13, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sign Schoop. And Manny will come.

I'll do even better ......

schittenden

schittenden

schittenden

schittenden

schittenden

schittenden

schittenden

Can we assign him some exotic middle and last names that a mother would name him? Because an OFFNY orange and black marquee doesn't look right without three names.

Hmm... what would a mother who gives someone the first name of "schittenden" give them as a middle name, and what would their last name be?

How about...

Schittenden Humphrey Brentwood?

Up Schittenden Creek?

Archived