vs. TIGERS, 5/13

Sessh

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Absolutely not! If we are giving up Basallo, it better be for a guy like Miller who has 5 and 1/2 seasons of control left (after deadline) AND is elite at our one area of weakness. He also gives us the best back end for several seasons beyond when paired with Bautista (pending health). Crochet does little for us this year. He does give us maybe a slight improvement over our 2/3 starter in the playoffs. But does he have those many innings in him? People keep talking about the injury risk with Miller but how is Crochet any different? AND he does not solve our biggest weakness in ‘24 (shutdown reliever at the end of games). Yes it is possible that you may be able to slot him there, but he has never done it before.
    • This extra wild card team has messed up the deadline. There are 5 teams that will be sellers. 25 teams within 3.5 games of the playoffs.
    • I don’t get idea that there is no reason to look for a starter and if reports are true, the Os clearly don’t believe it either. Starter is, without question, a need for next year. You have no idea if Bradish will hold up all season. Injuries happen. Will Suarez remain good? The goal should be to get this team as good as possible for October and 2025.  
    • I would look to include Kremer in a deal, which likely would be appealing to the team trading for him.  Cheap, solid starter. Established MLers are almost always involved in bigger trades.
    • Come now…I didn’t say I disagreed with the decision, you know. 
    • Wouldn’t even consider it. Crochet has a great arm but we have zero idea how he will handle the workload he will have this year, which far exceeds anything he has ever done. On top of that, we don’t know how the major increase in innings will effect him in 2025. I wouldn’t feel comfortable trading for him until after 2025.     Great talent though, no doubt.  May be the new Chris Sale.
    • Nope. I see no reason why we need a SP. We have 7 rotation options. Heck, maybe 8 with McDermott. You only really need 3 SP for the playoffs. If we do need a SP for some reason it would literally just be a #4 type to get us through the regular season. The price on that might be a DSL flier or cash. Back end bullpen arm, vet RH bat, middle reliever. 
  • Popular Contributors