Rich Hill is a pitcher we need to target before trade deadline. Sooner the better.

markakis8

R.Hill 2.68ERA 3.03FIP 3.69xFIP 3.54SIERA 10.92K/9

Gausman 3.00ERA 3.67FIP 4.15xFIP 3.96SIERA 7.2K/9

Ubaldo 4.87ERA 4.48FIP 4.11xFIP 4.26SIERA 8.19K/9

Wright 5.20ERA 4.26FIP 4.43xFIP 4.34SIERA 6.69K/9

Wilson 2.93ERA 4.15FIP 4.52xFIP 4.63SIERA 4.40K/9

Gallardo('15) 3.42ERA 4.00FIP 4.31xFIP 4.59SIERA 5.91K/9

Mancini is a small price to pay for the huge upgrade a playoff rotation gets from going Tillman,Gausman,Gallardo/Ubaldo to Tillman,Hill,Gausman.

Which means we're selling Mancini low and paying top retail for an overachieving Hill. The same Hill who has a lifetime WHIP, FIP and BB/9 higher than Gallardo. Didn't we take that same approach with Feldman? Count me out.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Rich Hill is going to win us the division. We're either good enough to win the division right now or we're not. And therefore, he's not worth Mancini.

I was only okay with trading EdRod b/c we got a bon-fied game changer at the end of games in Andrew Miller. It worked out for us that one year, but it certainly feels short-sighted now.

I don't want to trade our prospects for journeymen. Trading for a starting pitcher is like buying a house. There's always another one if the asking price is too high. Gotta remember that.

There were a few folks on this board who wanted Hill in the offseason. I'm thinking of RZ right now. I live in the Boston area. Hill was absolutely lights out in Aug. and Sept. Dominant.

He made a ton of sense as a flier. Lefty. No pick attached. 1 year deal. If he didn't work as a starter, he could be a great reliever. He had a lot going for him. What if we would have non tendered Matusz and signed Hill instead. Anyway, that shipped sailed...

I'd rather roll the dice when Gallardo when he comes back and see if he can offer anything close to an average starter. Yes, I'm dead serious.

I agree with the sentiment, but I'm not as absolutist as you appear to be. You at least have to see if Gallardo shows improvement.

I'd rather see them get a RF if Alvarez continues to struggle. Seems like they can add the most value by putting Trumbo's bat at DH and getting a plus defender in RF. That move would involve a decision with Reimold, Kim or Rickard but if they are pushing for it come July, I like that move more than a Rich Hill.

There were a few folks on this board who wanted Hill in the offseason. I'm thinking of RZ right now. I live in the Boston area. Hill was absolutely lights out in Aug. and Sept. Dominant.

He made a ton of sense as a flier. Lefty. No pick attached. 1 year deal. If he didn't work as a starter, he could be a great reliever. He had a lot going for him. What if we would have non tendered Matusz and signed Hill instead. Anyway, that shipped sailed...

I think 29 teams also felt Hill was overpaid at that level. Certainly anyone who jumped on the hill bandwagon like I did in fantasy baseball is realizing a profit. It's a very magical moonshot of a situation. Hey Brian Matusz might do this for someone someday

I don't think Rich Hill is going to win us the division. We're either good enough to win the division right now or we're not. And therefore, he's not worth Mancini.

I was only okay with trading EdRod b/c we got a bon-fied game changer at the end of games in Andrew Miller. It worked out for us that one year, but it certainly feels short-sighted now.

I don't want to trade our prospects for journeymen. Trading for a starting pitcher is like buying a house. There's always another one if the asking price is too high. Gotta remember that.

This. Rich Hill just reeks of Scott Feldman. He has put up an incredible string of 70 innings since the second half last year, but over his career 4.39 ERA and Ubaldo-esque 4.2 BB/9. We could try to ride his hot streak, but we tried that with Parra and it didn't work. He has only pitched >100 innings once in his career. Not worth Mancini to expect a guy to sustain elite production when he hasn't shown anything close in the last 8 years.

Which means we're selling Mancini low and paying top retail for an overachieving Hill. The same Hill who has a lifetime WHIP, FIP and BB/9 higher than Gallardo. Didn't we take that same approach with Feldman? Count me out.

Count me in if it is salary relief and a milb OF.

Mancini alone would get Hill. And I would greatly consider it if we are in 1st near AS break.

This would go down as one of the worst Oriole moves ever. Mancini is the real deal and giving him away for half season of a retread LH pitcher that we won't resign is just dumb.

People begging to trade Macini for Rich Hill? We could have signed Hill. Where's the outrage we didn't go after J Zimmerman? Our farm system is too thin as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't Zimmermann give up eight runs last night? Outrage? He is probably paid what he is worth.

Mancini for Hill? No, no and double no. We are very shallow on cost controlled prospects and I don't have any urge to return to the 2000's. Our starters have looked good enough. Our offense and bullpen have looked good enough. We don't need to grasp at journeymen at the deadline barring injury. And even then, I'd be tempted to stay put.

I don't want the O's to do that.

Archived