Can we no longer say we can't grow arms?

bpilktree

Doesn't a certain pitcher that is now considered one of the best in the Majors who was once an O and is now pitching in Chicago, kind of end this discussion?
That elite startingi pitcher, once an O, was developed by another Major League club after the O's completely mismanaged his development.

That elite startingi pitcher, once an O, was developed by another Major League club after the O's completely mismanaged his development.

E-Rod is due to join the Red Sox rotation next month. If he has a good year, we might develop a reputation.

Gausman and Carlos Rondon are the only two american league pitchers that were drafted in the last 4 years and starting in the majors for the team that drafted them.

This just tells me not to draft starting pitchers if you're an American League team. It's hard to believe. Like there's something wrong overall with minor league baseball.

Gausman and Carlos Rondon are the only two american league pitchers that were drafted in the last 4 years and starting in the majors for the team that drafted them.

I mean I don't know why you limit it, b/c it still proves your point:

The Others since 2012 are Michael Wacha (NL), Lance McCullers (Dl'd to start season), Andrew Heaney (Dl'd right now), Jon Gray (Rockies NL), Aaron Nola (NL).

Regardless, I guess the O's did something right. Although there will be those that complain Gausman would have a Cy Young already if another franchise grabbed him.

Archived