NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

o

(vs. RED SOX, 5/30)

Reimold reached base safely 3 times in 4 plate appearances today, including a lead-off triple in the 5th inning that started a 2-run rally.

Reimold is really doing well for us this season. It's getting hard for even me to justify not giving him a chance starting every day despite my better judgment over concerns about his health. I didn't like how he almost tripped around second base when legging out that triple and it's exactly that kind of stuff that makes me nervous about his health, but Kim and Reimold are playing well and are showing themselves to be the best two outfielders not named Jones on the team and Kim just missed a double today himself. We will see what happens going forward, but I hope the two of them continue to get the lion's share of playing time and just keep our fingers crossed that Nolan can stay healthy.

Also, his middle name immediately makes me think of this guy.

Gallagher-Smashing-in-Slow-Motion1.jpg

o

(vs. RED SOX, 5/30)

Reimold reached base safely 3 times in 4 plate appearances today, including a lead-off triple in the 5th inning that started a 2-run rally.

I'd prefer him leading off but I can't see Buck moving Jones down any further than 5th. At least he's playing more.

Reimold is really doing well for us this season. It's getting hard for even me to justify not giving him a chance starting every day despite my better judgment over concerns about his health. I didn't like how he almost tripped around second base when legging out that triple and it's exactly that kind of stuff that makes me nervous about his health, but Kim and Reimold are playing well and are showing themselves to be the best two outfielders not named Jones on the team and Kim just missed a double today himself. We will see what happens going forward, but I hope the two of them continue to get the lion's share of playing time and just keep our fingers crossed that Nolan can stay healthy.

Also, his middle name immediately makes me think of this guy.

I don't see the sense of not playing him so he can stay healthy enough to continue not playing.

Now fairly frequent days off? Sure.

Keep him off the crappy turf in Toronto and Tampa? OK.

But I'd give most all the team a day off in a three game set in either of those ballparks.

I don't see the sense of not playing him so he can stay healthy enough to continue not playing.

Now fairly frequent days off? Sure.

Keep him off the crappy turf in Toronto and Tampa? OK.

But I'd give most all the team a day off in a three game set in either of those ballparks.

At this point, I'm with you... kind of reluctantly, but with you. I just keep thinking of how much it would hurt the team if he did get hurt again vs how much he is helping the team in a limited role. The scales always tip towards

the former outweighing the latter. I wouldn't be opposed to him playing at least four days a week at this point.

Archived