Let Nolan Play

theobird

It is time to play Reimold regularly in LF. I like Rickard long term, but right now he looks over matched, and he has for a long stretch. Reimold should be the starting LFer.

I could not agree more. If Rickard was a big stolen base guy it might be a different story. I think giving him two starts a week right now and using him off the bench for defense is the way to go. He could have a long career as that type of guy. He was totally overmatched by Gregerson.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rickard is the best I have seen from our great Rule 5 endeavors yet people are unhappy? Just had a clutch double in a tie game.

We returned Logan Verrett and Jose Batista, funny.

I still like Joey. I am keeping the faith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He also went 1-6.

He has a .683 OPS on the season, including a .622 vs RHP. He's below replacement level by WAR. In his last 30 games he is slashing .225/.295/.324.

That doesn't scream "start me and bat me leadoff every day" to me.

Rickard reminds me of a player who wins a Cy Young or MVP award people disagree with. People hold it against the player instead of the people who made the decision. Playing him everyday on a contending team is an awful lot to ask of this guy. I don't get why Buck hasn't backed off of him even a little bit. Kim is rotting on the bench. I think keeping Nolan fresh makes sense but his playing time needs to pick up.

I must admit I don't understand why Buck is playing Rickard so much. He could still start 4-5 games a week and is always an option to come of the bench.

I wish he would give Kim more games. Platoon Kim and Nolan. Oh well Buck has

his reasons.

He also went 1-6.

He has a .683 OPS on the season, including a .622 vs RHP. He's below replacement level by WAR. In his last 30 games he is slashing .225/.295/.324.

That doesn't scream "start me and bat me leadoff every day" to me.

He just needs at bats.

Wasn't that the cry of the Flaherty clan for years?

Good post.

A Reimold/Rickard platoon looks like a good idea.

In right field, yes. Keep Trumbo out of the field and start Kim in left and let Reimold/Rickard hold down right field. Rickard, at this point, has no business playing every day and taking all the ABs from the other two. Kim is

making 7M over the next two seasons, so give him a chance to earn it. The league is catching on to Rickard in that he can only hit the fastball, but can't hit off speed pitches and he will chase out of the zone and strike

out.

Kind of funny how so many people were so down on Nolan for so long, and now everyone is clamoring for him to get PT. Ah well...

I, of course, agree, however - no reason to fully relegate Rickard to the bench (I still think he brings some nice things to the field), but it's time to phase him out of the leadoff spot and from being written into the lineup every day. Let's try to ride the hot hand a bit, and if there isn't one, divvy up the ABs a bit more. For right now, let's see a lot more of Reimold.

What's not to like about a player on his way to a negative 2 WAR season!

Yeah because defensive war is almost a joke. On Thursday Rickard was -.7 in defense and then today i look and he is -.9. I have watched every game inning to inning the last couple of days and there was not one ball that he misplayed or could have even made a play that he didn't on.

Yeah because defensive war is almost a joke. On Thursday Rickard was -.7 in defense and then today i look and he is -.9. I have watched every game inning to inning the last couple of days and there was not one ball that he misplayed or could have even made a play that he didn't on.

His offense hasn't been good either...

Rickard and Trumbo have the same defensive war. There is not one Orioles fan on here that watches games that believes that Trumbo and Rickard are equal in defense. Trumbo has 2 error and Joey has none. Joey leads in assists as well 4-1. So basically they must think Trumbo gets to more balls then Joey.

Archived