vs. RED SOX, 5/31

Sessh

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup, agreed. The ball was hit way too high for any camera to see it. The umpire saw it the best.

No ump sees it best. They sure as hell can't see a ball that's ABOVE the fair pole if its fair or foul.. it was a guess much like guessing what's a strike or a ball or if it's a check swing or swing.

Anyone watching the Red Sox feed? What did it look like?

I'm watching it.

There was no way to tell from the angles that they showed on NESN.

Seems like the easy solution is a camera pointed straight up on top of the foul pole.

Either that or raise the foul poles another 100 feet or so, like I suggested in a previous post.

That would probably look really cool from the highway, if you could see it from that distance.

No ump sees it best. They sure as hell can't see a ball that's ABOVE the fair pole if its fair or foul.. it was a guess much like guessing what's a strike or a ball or if it's a check swing or swing.

Don't be ridiculous. Standing on the field with the dark sky, of course they see it better. I didn't hear a cascade of boos from the crowd after it was ruled foul, either.

Either that or raise the foul poles another 100 feet or so, like I suggested in a previous post.

That would probably look really cool from the highway, if you could see it from that distance.

That seems like a hazard to aircraft. Don't think the FAA would like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That seems like a hazard to aircraft. Don't think the FAA would like it.

I was kidding.

The scenario reminded me of the 1965 playoff game between the Colts and the Packers, which resulted in the NFL heightening the goalposts.

Archived