vs. RED SOX, 5/31

Sessh

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roy, what in God's name are your talking about. Are you actually pointing to a 4th/5th outfielder in Yaz and DJ Stewart, he of the .671 career OPS while being old for his league as things to be excited about. Can you send me what you are taking because that must be great stuff.

Even Homer Simpson thinks Roy is too much of a homer.

Not a bad thing, but he's delusional if he thinks either of those guys will be impact major leaguers.

If the O's lose tonight, they will have gone 21-22 since starting the year 7-0. 43 games of sub .500 vs 7 games of perfection.

Well, they had another 7-0 run too, so if you take out those too, the O's have been 14-0 over a 14-game period and 14-22 over a 36 game stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed that game, I heard about it after it was over. When the Orioles get no-hit, I appreciate the effort of the opposing pitcher, etc. This is a game, you see. This isn't anything to be stressed out about. Just understand that I have perspective, and while I love the Orioles and have since the early 70's, seeing them lose or seeing a player have a career day against them doesn't bother me in the least.

Just curious. You always seem so pessimistic in the game threads. Given that outlook, I would have not thought that.

o

In the 1965 playoff game between the Baltimore Colts and the Green Bay Packers, the Colts were robbed of a victory when a Don Chandler field goal attempt was ruled good, which tied the score and sent the game into overtime (where the Packers eventually won.)

After that season they raised all of the goalposts, because it would have been much easier to tell if that field goal attempt was good or not (it wasn't.)

Maybe MLB can raise the foul poles another 100 feet or so because of what just happened with Davis right there.

Archived